Great morning trout fishing (lots of pics)

WeedLine

Hey guys and gals, I had a great day with my buddy MSP. We fished a small branch of a big trib. We caught at least 18 fish each and lost alot more. Had about 50-60 fish in this pool. I love to be busy with work but wish I could cancel this week's jobs to go back and crush them. All fish were caught on roe. Teamwork was key to fighting and landing these fish. One of us would hook, fight the fish, while the other guy would net them. Then it would be the other guy's turn. We knew that we would have too many double headers and it would just cause tangles and break-offs. We didn't see anyone else while we were fishing. We made some cool videos but I don't know how to post them. Can you believe that I used the same hook all day . I did re-tie once because my leader was nicked on some wood but didn't lose one fish to break-offs. I'm sure we could have caught more fish if we switched to flies and worms but we were content and left them for another time. The pool was black with trout. All fish were released.P6300790.jpgP6300791.jpgP6300794.jpgP6300797.jpgP6300798.jpgP6300805.jpgP6300807.jpgP6300811.jpgP6300809.jpgP6300817.jpgP6300812.jpgP6300816.jpgP6300799.jpg

Edited by WeedLine

Nicely done! Looks like a lot of fun.

Not to start anything but if you are going to release those fish you should try not to hold them by the gil plates like that. Some people just dont know that, which is why I bring it up. Im not being all "righteous" or anything.

Thanks again for the post.

Hey guys, Thanks. We got out again after work today and fished till dark. Landed about 10 each. Some fish on roe, some on single eggs and some on worms. I'll post pics later. Lots of new jumpers in the pool today. Although it looks like a tiny piss crik, the spot where the fish are holding is wide and about 4-5 feet deep.