MY ALBERTA TRIP

DMASSE

Hello

Thought that I would share my trip to Alberta, I have to go for some family matters but managed to find tons of free time to fish THE BOW, THE OLDMAN, 2 National Parks and tons of mountain lakes and streams. Tons of fish caught ranging from CUTTHROATS, BULL TROUT, RAINBOWS,MOUNTAIN WHITEFISH and some others I didnt know what they were. All were caught and released, My guide didnt like taking pics of fish or even handling them so we used a release tool, so that they can fight another day..

The pics are mostly scenery shots of the areas I fishined

BANIFF NATIONAL PARKS

HERE I WAS USING A 10ft 7wt rod and swinging and stripping large flies like BOW RIVER BUGGERS

dave3.jpg

dave2.jpg

dave4.jpg

WATERTON NATIONAL PARK

GREAT mountain view, this area has about 100 stream that flow into this lake...

DAVE6.jpg

Hiking to a little gem spot

DAVE8.jpg

Dave7.jpg

Tons of wildlife, I saw Mule Deer, Mountains sheep (long horn) moose, coyotes, bears, elk, white tale deer. tons of hawks, eagles, first time ever a MAG-PIE also I thought I was going crazy when I saw this Bird a PELICAN I talked to a warden and he said they fly here and usually dont make it back...

Deer.jpg

Sheep.jpg

sheep2.jpg

This is one of my fav shot, its me fishing a stream 2 hours in the interior of CANMORE (atv's). It was just amazing, the fish were stacked up like cord wood, it was almost to easy...

dave1.jpg

More to come when I get my other camera out of luggage

Hope you enjoyed It

Dave

Awesome pics man! I cant wait until the day I get to do that!

I am planning on fishing the BOW when I am out there in November for a conference but something tells me I wont be in short sleves at that time of year :)

Ah, the good old Bow River, I've fished it many times.

Canmore is such a beautiful place isn't it? Did you see the three sisters while you were there? (Get your minds out of the gutter, its a mountain range :P )

Thanks for the photos :thumbsup_anim:

Joey

your last pic is simply amazing and depicts fishing's solitude to it finest...its an image burned in every fishermans mind ( even when standing in a crowded river in Missisauga

Amazing trip!! :clapping:

Great pics Dave, breathtaking views there. Looks like you had an awsome trip.