BERKLY ROD

T Fisher

Ive never dealt with berkly, but on the waranty thing I had one with shimano.I broke it while fishing(under warranty stiil).I sent it out via can post to B C and insured for 4 times what I paid for it.It came back with a letter from shimano saying it was damaged and they cant warranty it.Later that day I submiited the ins claim with the letter to can post.They came good on it.The tube was bent in half and fragile was stamped all over it.

I hope this helps.

I went through 3 berkely 'cherrywood' rods once in 2 weeks. Same thing...snapped each time while casting, was only casting size 3 Mepps 'black fury'. I know they were cheap at $29, but if you are marketing something as a spinning rod and it breaks whilst using it for that purpose...its pretty crappy if ya ask me.

Took it back to walmart each time and they refunded it.......raised some suspicious eyebrows from the customer service lady who refunded 2 of them for me in as many days....i wont be buying any more Berkely rods ever again.

Can you not take it back to where you bought it for a refund ?

I don't think you'll have any issues (if the rod is still under warranty)

it depends, if you bought it from a small tackle shop, he might be able to do an over the counter exchange for you. OR

you might have to send it to Pure Fishing with a check for return shipping, if I remember correctly it cost me just over $20 last time I did it. give them a call first and get an OK for warranty.

PureFishing

815 Phillips St

Portage La Prairie MB, R1N 3C5

Phone #: 204-857-3467

I don't think you'll have any issues (if the rod is still under warranty)

it depends, if you bought it from a small tackle shop, he might be able to do an over the counter exchange for you. OR

you might have to send it to Pure Fishing with a check for return shipping, if I remember correctly it cost me just over $20 last time I did it. give them a call first and get an OK for warranty.

PureFishing

815 Phillips St

Portage La Prairie MB, R1N 3C5

Phone #: 204-857-3467

Make sure you keep the tracking number from Canada Post and track delivery on line. I sent a Fenwick back for pretty much the same reason - broke while pulling through some weeds. Tracked it on line and a week after I saw they had received it called to see how the process was going. They said they never got it. I had to send them the web tracking page to prove delivery. After that though they sent it right away.

i had an issue with a berkley lightning and shakespeare reel combo years ago, broke that rod over and over again. ine thing i would suggest if you're buying inexpensive equipment buy it from a major retailer, they have already arranged returns thru the manufacturer and typically will exchange easier than the small tackle shop. kills me to say it cause we should all be buying from out local tackle shop.

Both Berkley rods and Fenwick rods are owned by the same people. They both have a history of well.... let's call it an explosive history...... a shattering history even. Coincidence?

I have an old lightning rod, that is still fantastic.. I have bough three new ones since and every one of them broke.. I have obviously stopped buying berkely rods.. BUT the old one rocks!!