natural sports

Drock6687

If you're in the KW area check out Rainbow sports as well. They don't have the selection of bass pro but the service is MUCH better. If price is your thing both Rainbow and Natural have decent prices.

Edited by timmeh

I buy 90% of my fishing gear at Rainbow sports. The owner Chad is awesome. I wanted to buy a new pair of Dan Bailey waders and I told him the price I could get in the USA if I had them shipped in and he matched it, which was like a $100 discount. He always takes care of his customers.

Natural has a much larger selection but there prices are no better and their customer service is very weak. If you arent a pro then they dont seem to have time for you. Anyone with a dumb question will be made to feel like it was a dumb question.

Just my 2 cents

Natural has a much larger selection but there prices are no better and their customer service is very weak. If you arent a pro then they dont seem to have time for you. Anyone with a dumb question will be made to feel like it was a dumb question.

Just my 2 cents

I agree with you on this. I usually only talk to the younger guys when I'm in there, they're easier to talk to for sure.

Also Drock - As M&S mention Rainbow is at the corner of King and Northland in Waterloo. It's just north of the Home Depot on King St.

Edited by timmeh

I like going to Natural Sports. Nelson, the owner, keeps the store stocked pretty good and the selection of specific stuff I'm looking for is excellent.

Since I work in Waterloo, I visit Chad's place, too, at Rainbow Sports. He's recently renovated( moved to the next unit over )and now has more space and stock.

Personally, I don't think you'd be disappointed with either store.

I buy 90% of my fishing gear at Rainbow sports. The owner Chad is awesome. I wanted to buy a new pair of Dan Bailey waders and I told him the price I could get in the USA if I had them shipped in and he matched it, which was like a $100 discount. He always takes care of his customers.

so in essence his price was $100 more then market value???

also goes to show you markup... doubt he'd take a loss...

I understand about buying power,

sadly loyalty these days means nothing...

but bottom line is $$

i wish my customers had loyalty

For the record there are 2 more in Kitchener/Waterloo...One on old king down by the fry wagon on the way to the grand on the left hand side. The other is in the plaza where the beer store is (don't ask how I know that) on Albert I believe or in that area, he's pretty new and a nice chap at that

I buy 90% of my gear from Rainbow Sports as well. Reasons why...

1. Almost always better prices than Bass Pro (with the rare exception where BPS blows something out the door)

2. Doesn't require a day trip to go to the tackle shop

3. If i need something they do not have, Chad will order it in without requiring silly minimum order quantities.

4. If you buy any electronics and/or boat accessories he also provides an installation service which is second to none!!!

so in essence his price was $100 more then market value???

also goes to show you markup... doubt he'd take a loss...

His price was in line with every other Canadian distributors. I found a sale on-line that was out of the US and calculated with duty how much I could get the waders to my door for. I told him to come within reason of the price and I would buy from him and he matched it.

Trust me, service is amazing there and if you dont like the price them tell him why not. His strategy to success is clearly building customer loyalty and repeat business not huge margins.

Never been to the actual store in Kitchener but the customer service that Natural Sports gave me at all the Fishing Shows and Sportsmen Shows I’ve been to over the years has been amazing…Top notch IMO.

Also Rainbow is the only store I know of with a young hottie who actually knows her stuff

I’ve never been to Rainbow Sports but that’s a great incentive…”So you like fishing too?...” :wub:

Natural works for me just fine.

I don't find the prices out of whack at all?

But even if they are a bit high its still usually cheaper when I factor in the Gas to Bass pro.

Plus I don't lose 2 hours of my time driving there and back, and they are usually the closest (decent) store for me.

Though I have to admitt I have expereinced the "Non Pro" treatment at Natural in the past.

"Sometimes"..."Some" of their staff seem to be a bit put off with small talk.

I always make it a point to get to know the guys in these shops no matter where in the province they are located, because I'm a freindly guy, and they are also of course hot beds for tips, and upto date conditions etc...

Most of these guys live and breath fishing, and gladly chat up info, and I'm the first to chat

about conditions and such as well.

Some staff on the other hand only chat with local pros, and top ranking customers...which I am not.

I'll say this though,

I've NEVER had an issue with customer service when it comes to info on equipment, but yes....some staff shut it down when you chat about anything outside of the equipment.

I wouldn't really call that poor service, I just wouldn't call it "exceptional" service either?

As for BPS...

I've not had any good customer service experiences at Bass pro that would undo the last unpleasent experience I had with their customer sales department/manager....so I vowed to never shop there again, and its been 2 years.

When I get an appology letter, I "might" think about it.

Rainbow sports however is also great.

It unfortunatly out of my way ususally, and I wouldn't rank them any higher on the scale then Natural so

I Guess I just haven't been there in a while, but I have nothing bad to say about them either.

This thread has me thinking its time to shop there again next time just to see how they are doing.

Cheers,

Haven't been lately, but, found them overpriced on my last visit. Used to frequent it quite a bit, 10 years or more ago, still haven't found a better place than Angling Outfitters right here in Woodstock (and no Jos didn't pay me for the plug, LOL) Good prices, care about their customers and willing to spend time with you. I also give a thumbs up to Jimmy down at Long Point, great guy, and Rotten Ronnies seemed reasonable enough in prices for what I purchased there.

Natural works for me just fine.

I don't find the prices out of whack at all?

But even if they are a bit high its still usually cheaper when I factor in the Gas to Bass pro.

Plus I don't lose 2 hours of my time driving there and back, and they are usually the closest (decent) store for me.

Though I have to admitt I have expereinced the "Non Pro" treatment at Natural in the past.

"Sometimes"..."Some" of their staff seem to be a bit put off with small talk.

I always make it a point to get to know the guys in these shops no matter where in the province they are located, because I'm a freindly guy, and they are also of course hot beds for tips, and upto date conditions etc...

Most of these guys live and breath fishing, and gladly chat up info, and I'm the first to chat

about conditions and such as well.

Some staff on the other hand only chat with local pros, and top ranking customers...which I am not.

I'll say this though,

I've NEVER had an issue with customer service when it comes to info on equipment, but yes....some staff shut it down when you chat about anything outside of the equipment.

I wouldn't really call that poor service, I just wouldn't call it "exceptional" service either?

As for BPS...

I've not had any good customer service experiences at Bass pro that would undo the last unpleasent experience I had with their customer sales department/manager....so I vowed to never shop there again, and its been 2 years.

When I get an appology letter, I "might" think about it.

Rainbow sports however is also great.

It unfortunatly out of my way ususally, and I wouldn't rank them any higher on the scale then Natural so

I Guess I just haven't been there in a while, but I have nothing bad to say about them either.

This thread has me thinking its time to shop there again next time just to see how they are doing.

Cheers,

Sure, I think my last post has piqued your curiousity

I live right around the corner from Natural and I'm in there every couple of weeks. Selection is really good, pricing is OK to high, service depends on who you talk to. Some of the young guys are great; friendly and knowledgeable. The older guys, Nelson excluded, are quite honestly terrible in terms of friendliness and willingness to talk fishing to teh average customer. I'm glad I'm not the only one that gets brutal service from some of the guys there, I was starting to think it was me <_< .

I like rainbow Sports but their prices, IMO, are not the best. I bought my first Senkos there, 10 pack of 5"ers and they were $9.99. Nasty. She is cute though!!!