Snakes!

ehg

Went with my 7 yr. old daughter for our annual easter snake hunt.

Riding bikes around Toronto harbourfront was cool.

Picture039.jpg

Found some snakes to add to the fun.

Picture043.jpg

Picture044.jpg

These little puny Dekay's or little brown snakes are tough to catch.

Picture050.jpg

Picture051.jpg

A diversion on a beautiful Easter weekend!

Can't wait till June for the muskies however.

....Seems a little different around here these days. A year ago did same type of post and had 19 replies and over 1,400 page views.

http://www.ofncommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30765&st=0&p=329853&hl=snakes%28nf%29&fromsearch=1entry329853

Had a good day anyways!

I remember your post and found it real interesting B) You guys sure don't disappoint this year in catching some beauties!!!

Looks like a great time hunting them cold blooded creatures for the both of you :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for taking the time to post and share with us!!!

Leechman

Cool report Ehg. I take my 3yr old out every couple of days looking for snakes or what ever else we can find in the reveen across the street from our house at Jane/Sheppard. Its amazing what you can see in the city if your looking. Snakes are one of my favourites.

Cool report Ehg. I take my 3yr old out every couple of days looking for snakes or what ever else we can find in the reveen across the street from our house at Jane/Sheppard. Its amazing what you can see in the city if your looking. Snakes are one of my favourites.

I have also found that there is no shortage of snakes in the city.

Cool report though. Girls shouldn't be afraid of crawly things...but warn her of the other snakes

We were at a hockey tournament in Waterloo last weekend and had some time to kill, so went to the banks of the Grand river.

A nice trail along the shore and the kids found one of them slithery critters crossing our path.

Nice pics.

thanks

Thanks for the replies again!

Started doing this when my daughter was three as well.

sn1.jpg

The snakes like rubbly overgrown warm sunny areas this time of year.

Have found them 100m from City Hall in downtown Toronto in abandoned parking lots even.

That brings back fond memories.

I remember living in BC as a 6 year old and catching gater snakes and racing them against each other.

My kids too love catching them and have done so quite often here. It is funny because I too am more aprehensive about picking them up than I used to be.

Here are a couple of pics of my older daughters and their snakes.

snake.jpg

snake2.JPG