Huron Trib Chromers ~ Pic's

solopaddler

When done in a run it is referred to as "low-holing" and a very big no-no, actually grounds for an unexpected dip. ;)

I'm familiar with the term as is Dave.

In Ontario you're constantly get low holed.

As well as high holed, sidesway holed and corn holed.

You learn to live with it on our busy trib's or you look elsewhere for more peace.

Regardless, Dave is a friend and he's welcome to fish out of my back pocket anytime he wants to. :)

I think yesterday was the 4th time we've tried to hook up and I havent been able to join on any occasion.

And everytime you hit the nail on the head......Fantastic work!

Next time for sure buddy!

Wow!! I hadn't read that properly. So that was in Ontario? Did they make you buy a non-resident license Mike? I know I have to.... :clapping:

Good job guys.

Shocking isn't it Roy? :lol:

I never really responded properly in the other thread, but this is a good opportunity.

I currently have 5 licenses in my pouch for steelhead fishing: Ontario, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Michigan.

I fish for them everywhere....wherever I think my best odds are.

Variety is the spice of life and personally I feel privelaged to be able to fish all the waters that the great lakes has to offer.

I feel sorry for those of you, who for whatever reason, look down on stateside fishing.

First and foremost Ontario doesn't have exclusive rights to so called "superior" wild fish.

If you don't believe me travel to Michigan, you'll be blown away. ;)

As well while some of the other states support what's basically an artificial fishery...in many cases the experience to be had is second to none.

There's not many places in southern Ontario where you can walk miles of river and not see another soul all day in an absolutely pristine wild setting.

The many fish that are put on the bank are nothing more than a huge bonus.

I could go on and on...

Edited by solopaddler

Well said Mike!!

Kudos on another stellar day on the river.

And I am with you 100% regarding the Riverkeeper - quality reels, quality guy!!! I am not so sure about letting that Wallace dude fish out of your back pocket though... :P

cheers

Harv

Well said Mike!!

Kudos on another stellar day on the river.

And I am with you 100% regarding the Riverkeeper - quality reels, quality guy!!! I am not so sure about letting that Wallace dude fish out of your back pocket though... :P

cheers

Harv

Geeze, I go away for a few hours and my name is getting dragged through the mud! :P

For the record I was fishing well upstream from Mike! ;)

Nice fish, haven't had time to read all the replies...definitely not the states :D has anyone given you crap for revealing the location via photo yet???? :lol::lol:

I prefer to fish there in the late fall, early winter, but, some good fishing to be had still at this time of year. Wish I could swing the days off!

Regardless, Dave is a friend and he's welcome to fish out of my back pocket anytime he wants to. :)

wasn't directing that at you folks more just a general statement with it being that time of year, and already having had the pleasurable experience.

I'm familiar with the term as is Dave.

In Ontario you're constantly get low holed.

As well as high holed, sidesway holed and corn holed.

You learn to live with it on our busy trib's or you look elsewhere for more peace.

Corn holed LOL!

p.-

Oh, hey Mike.

Was that highly animated, super friendly, incredibly magnanimous guy from "Team Nissan" there? What a conversation we had with him, last fall! Or did he move? I think he might be permanently residing in Aruba or someplace.

Anyway, maybe he was visiting and you saw him... just wondering...

I feel a cold coming. Not sure if I can make it to work...

p.-

Big water, chrome fish, nice weather, sharing some drifts with friends...Can't think of a better way to spend a day. Simply beautiful Mike. Thanks for sharing your adventure with us.

Now if only the Frogwaters came in 4.5 inches and in jet black...