Sledders and tip-ups

About 5 to 7 years ago i had some idiots on sleds run over my tip ups. Not knowing that they were made of 3/8 rebar and 1/4" round stock. To there amaze it went into the track ripping the crap out of everything in there. Guess who got towed home. Guess what goes around comes around. :D

About 5 to 7 years ago i had some idiots on sleds run over my tip ups. Not knowing that they were made of 3/8 rebar and 1/4" round stock. To there amaze it went into the track ripping the crap out of everything in there. Guess who got towed home. Guess what goes around comes around. :D

Sweet!!!! :lol:

But aren't they heavy?

A bunch of fence wire works good too.

At least I know it stops a dirt bike pretty good. :P

Some one had tossed a bunch away on the side of the trails my buddy and I used to ride.

That stuff is a major pain to get out once it's wrapped around everything.

Just don't forget to take it with you when you leave.

Another good one is to pack all the wet snow and slush into a bucket and pack it down.

Then flip the bucket over and remove the slug, just like building sand castles. ;)

Stick the slug in front of your hole. At the end of the day stick the slug in the hole. :D

The paintball solution sounds good too. :lol:

Edited by DRIFTER_016

I've read of Americans actually doing that, so I wouldn't put it past someone who fishes Simcoe.

xeon, such a shame your vast intelligence and keen insight is being wasted on us here. Why dont you hit the road and look for an audience that would be more your intellectual equal. I kindly suggest you start recruiting here.

Chimps.jpg

Take your vitriol elswhere.

xeon, such a shame your vast intelligence and keen insight is being wasted on us here. Why dont you hit the road and look for an audience that would be more your intellectual equal. I kindly suggest you start recruiting here.

Chimps.jpg

Take your vitriol elswhere.

lmao!!!!

agreed.

it's not that sledders and tip ups don't mix, it's that idiots and snowmachines don't mix. i usually drive AROUND guys fishing out of courtesy... i don't even want to scare their fish let alone run over their gear.

I make sure to keep atleast a few hundred yards away when possible. When I'm fishing on the ice I don't appreciate guys zipping buy on a noisy machine...kinda ruins the moment.

Oh wait...that's why I fish the park...

Chimps.jpg

I would take his advise xeon .. it has worked for him and it could work for you

Not much you can do other than wrap your tip up base in orange trail marking tape.

Idiots are going to be idiots, what can you do.

your darn right my freind.Our area was clearly marked, an 80 ft round section on simcoe at IBP.I made it perfectly visible.All tip ups were at the outer edge, and us walking about.Too bad Idont throw a snowball as fast as a sleds max.If I could then there would be a dozen of idiots rethinking what they were doing.

TO ALL SLEDDERS, SLOW THE YOU KNOW WHAT DOWN!!!!!IF YOU WANT TO GO ALL OUT THEN FIND SOMEWHERE ELSE TO GO! IF YOU WANT TO RACE THEN GO TO PUSLINCH LAKE,THEY DRAG RACE OUT THERE, AND ITS A PLEASURE TO WATCH THEM WHILE ICEFISHING.

Sorry Guys,I had to get it out.

I do remember a Weird Science article years ago about chimps actually having far superior simple math skills than humans. So thank you sir, and I appreciate your subtle compliments.

BTW, how did you know I was great at math? ;)

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Don't worry about the cabin fever guys! A few more weeks, and the fights about flossing and steelheaders elitism will start! :wallbash: