Luhr Jensen Krocodiles

Eazy

Hi all, just wondering if any fellow anglers out there have ever given these spoons a whirl, they seem to be very versatile, caught my pesonal best speckie while trolling with one of these in the spring of the year..

Hi all, just wondering if any fellow anglers out there have ever given these spoons a whirl, they seem to be very versatile, caught my pesonal best speckie while trolling with one of these in the spring of the year..

YES!!! I have the location AND the lure you used to catch that dinosaur!! MUAH HAHAHAHA

I use them for pretty much anything lol... cast them for salmon, and rainbows, cast or troll them with a plastic grub added to the single hook and they slay pike. Or i even jig them under the ice! the pike love um!... o ya orange stripe or all orange!!

The regular Krocodile is OK but I prefer the Krocodile Stubby. At one time, Luhr Jensen called the Stubby the Little Jewel. It's imilar to the Little Cleo but deeper cupped like the Delfin Aligator. 2/5 oz. is a good all around size; 3/4 for salmon. The 1/3 oz. chartreuse/orange-fire-dot Little Jewel was magic for Lake Ontario browns in the days before zebra mussels.

PS Call ACME and request the return of topless Cleo on the back of the lure. The engraved headlights were like a beacon calling out to fish.

Looks like I mostly use the Gibbs Croc (as most of the ones in Spiel's pic).... which one is preferred????

Burt :)

Chris that red spoon with the black dots is a Gibbs if I'm not mistaken.

Well I had to check (I thought a few were Gibbs), but stamped on the back of every one of those spoons it says "Krocodile-Luhr Jensen".

I just Googled the Luhr Jensen Krocodile and the Gibbs Croc......

Looks like I mostly use the Gibbs Croc (as most of the ones in Spiel's pic).... which one is preferred????

Burt :)

Spiel's look like mostly Luhr-Jenson Kroc's, they're narrower but thicker made out of solid brass.

I prefer them over Gibbs, and everybody knows the killer spring colour is solid Firetruck Red with pearl holo tape :D

My favourite pier spoon for browns and bows, love 'em.

Agreed, can almost hit NY from the Eastern trib peirs with the krocs.

They sound productive if these seasoned anglers give them the thumbs up.