I want one of these!

limeyangler

there was a guy i met years ago that was working on something similar to these but they werent hovercrafts....his purpose was so you coulod leave your boat out on the deep water and use the flyin method to get supplies and what not ....but i havent seen any grocerystores with landing strips yet...

idea was cool....i wonder what ever happened...but these machines look like alot of fun ...and i can think of many uses for it

Won't "fly" here in Canada.. because he has his wings long enough that it will get out of ground effect.. but you can build a true ground effect vehicle with short stubby wings and register it as a boat in Canada.. no pilot licence required. Have a buddy over Orillia way that is building one from scratch... since he lost his medical for his pilots licence.

For those that don't know what "ground effect" is.... an airplane will fly slower than it's stall speed within 1/3rd of the length of it's wings. So about 10 feet off the ground in most cases. So a ground effect vehicle is built with just enough wing and thrust to lift it into this range without being able to truely fly off into the sunset.

Edited by irishfield

Won't "fly" here in Canada.. because he has his wings long enough that it will get out of ground effect.. but you can build a true ground effect vehicle with short stubby wings and register it as a boat in Canada.. no pilot licence required. Have a buddy over Orillia way that is building one from scratch... since he lost his medical for his pilots licence.

For those that don't know what "ground effect" is.... an airplane will fly slower than it's stall speed within 1/3rd of the length of it's wings. So about 10 feet off the ground in most cases. So a ground effect vehicle is built with just enough wing and thrust to lift it into this range without being able to truely fly off into the sunset.

LOL...i was wondering when you'd reply to this...