Navionics Charts now on iPhone!

Aaron Shirley

What kind of cell phone do you have?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of cell phone do you have?

• I have an iPhone
    • I have a Blackberry
    • I have another smartphone
    • I have a cell phone, but it's not smart

Just curious, as I know lots of anglers with Blackberry's, but only one angler with an iPhone.

What kind of cell phone or smartphone do you have?

If you have an iPhone, you will want to check this link out! Navionics Mobile

Aaron

Edited by Aaron Shirley

I heard from friends that the Canada App is a waste of money. Lots of lakes missing. Not a lot of detail for Lake Ontario. Im curious if it has Simcoe, Scugog, Rice, etc...I would buy if it has Rice Lake for sure.

I sent Navionics an email requesting a complete list before I purchase but they never got back to me so I guess I will not purchase at this point in time.

Dirk

I use the Blackberry Bold but my son has an i-phone and loves all the apps.

I find the BB works great for texting, messaging and everything else business related, but I wonder if

I am missing something?

anybody??

I have a New Blackberry Bold for work and my own personal Iphone.

Iphone can do everything the BB can but better:)

My Son has an i phone and he downloaded the app and we used it on Balsam Lake last year what I noticed is the GPS function would not work while the boat was going, other than that it was okay given the price.

I wish there was something similar for Blackberry.

The iPhone doesn't have a true standalone GPS receiver.. It still needs a data signal in order to triangulate your position. It has aGPS, which is useless out in the boonies.

I have a New Blackberry Bold for work and my own personal Iphone.

Iphone can do everything the BB can but better:)

Really?? How does it do at recieving email from a Blackberry business server?? :rolleyes:

The iphone can't do what a Blackberry can in the business world. They are pretty cool personal phones though. ;)

I was recently discussing this topic about Navionics for iPhone with a friend and he told me that if your iPhone is jailbroken, you can add an external Bluetooth GPS so you can get a much more accurate position fix.

I had a 2G iPhone but recently bought a new 3GS iPhone and I refuse to jailbreak as I was tired of always rebooting and nuking it when something went wrong.

If anyone wants the link, PM me as it is on another site. Apparantly the fix works great.

Dirk

Really?? How does it do at recieving email from a Blackberry business server?? :rolleyes:

The iphone can't do what a Blackberry can in the business world. They are pretty cool personal phones though. ;)

Iphone can receive email from Any pop3 or smtp server.. I have 4 accounts setup on my iphone ( 2 work - 2 personal)

... Sure you Cant BBM with other Blackberry users but thats about it.,,, text messaging is fast and easy to type...

• 10 months later...

I see this has came out for android based phones as well.

If someone was only interested in the Trent-Severn (which both chips have), which would be better in theory? The Mobile Lakes, or Mobile Marine? I see the Lakes version has HD maps of some Kawartha lakes, not sure if that is included in the Marine one.

Lakes

Marine

Edited by scugog

I see this has came out for android based phones as well.

If someone was only interested in the Trent-Severn (which both chips have), which would be better in theory? The Mobile Lakes, or Mobile Marine? I see the Lakes version has HD maps of some Kawartha lakes, not sure if that is included in the Marine one.

Lakes

Marine

Just took a quick look at the Canada lakes app. It seems to cover most to the Trent to the bay of Quinte

The iPhone doesn't have a true standalone GPS receiver.. It still needs a data signal in order to triangulate your position. It has aGPS, which is useless out in the boonies.

That is 100% incorrect. iPhone Gps works independent of a cell signal. All agps does is help triangulate when you're indoors or other times when it can't reach the sat. It also speeds up location when a cell signal is available.

Edited by bdox

Hi guys

I have the Samsung Galaxy Smartphone (Android) and love it so far...I have never had an iphone so I cant compare it to them or say it is better etc; I just like mine alot right now.

I too saw the Navionics app but it didnt really expand as to what it included..it was either 'Great Lakes' or 'Canada'..I am also interested in areas around Couchiching, Simcoe, 6 mile, Sparrow etc..

I think the app is around $13 so I wanted to find out if the above lakes are covered somewhere in detail before I purchased it..

thanks guys for any thoughts..good topic

On my iphone I have the great lakes and the canada app. The great lakes app only covers the great lakes. The canada app has a lot of the lakes in southern ontario. I just checked and all the lakes you mentioned are covered. A lot of the smaller lakes are not included though.

Edited by fishgreg