post your homemade lures that are for sale

aplumma

....Leechman...I've been following your lure making from the start..nice progression to witness and now..Now you've brought them to another level, As well you've got an eye for the colour too!

-peter

Thanks Peter!!! :) Lots of fun to make and more challenging as I add new pattern to my collection..... I've got lots of testing to do come spring :)

I haven't total permission to post these but our Bud Marc Thorpe makes his own baits for his muskie season. He goes though a lot of baits in one season...24-36 spinnerbaits alone and honestly, I've fished with him a few times and I can't remember him using a spinnerbait but I know he uses them. Here is few pics of his 2010 crop of spinnerbaits. He always says "They ain't pretty, they're built to catch". I don't think he sells any though.

IMG_00031.jpg

IMG_00021.jpg

I think they're pretty nice....

Oops, and here's another..

IMG_00011.jpg

of course it wasnt Big Cliff....cuz it was 100 bux in canadian denomination and he doesnt have a canadian tire anywhere near to spend it ( puts pinky finger to the corner of my mouth ...looks straight into the camera and says "or does he ")

No we don't have the Canadian Tire stores here but I think the funny money they hand out might be worth more than the US. dollar sometimes. :rolleyes: Cliff Your application did get to the final 3 though I need to make a decision soon but solopaddler did say " please don't disown me I will be good and pay you a thousand dollars a month and name my next born Art" well actually what he really said was " :lol: " but I know what he meant.

If Pete and Roy don't step up to the plate soon I am going to post a few pictures of their fine examples of Baits for them. I hope they will share I really like the look of them.

Art

Well Bruce, I guess I'm just going to have to make another trip down your way once you get moved into your new digs. I can see a couple there I'd like to add to my collection and I've got a new design for you that I stumbled on by accident one day when I had to scramble because I lost my last store bought one. I did what any good fisherman/woman would do, I improvised and put 11 walleye in the boat while the other two guys only landed 3 between them. :) They have never invited me to fish with them again but they still talk about that day LOL.

Chris...As others have said...Them flies are incredible Bud..but what else would one expect from your talented self.

Thanks Peter. :)

Peter great to see you around I've missed yaaa.

Art

I agree, drop in more often Peter.

I believe Roy has a few lures to show also.

Joe

I hope to score one of them fancy Roy baits, soon. They are sweet!

Thanks for the plug Cliff.

I tie bucktail harnesses, jigs and streamers. Have a lot of fun with them, both in the making and the fishing with them.

They all look killer to me Bruce. Nice work. :)

I haven't total permission to post these but our Bud Marc Thorpe makes his own baits for his muskie season.

So you have semi permission Roy....LOL

Nice looking spinner baits Marc. :thumbsup_anim:

Art, Chris, thanks both for the kind words.

I do pop in now and then to browse whats up, sure is alot of new faces.

This is one of the better threads I've seen in a while Art, many should be enlightened by the membership that actually make their own baits and the pleasant surprise of the quality by all...maybe it'll produce a whole new generation of bait makers.

It isnt about money..it is a love in many forms..Anyone who's lucky enough to have a one of a kind are forunate.

I know Roy makes exellent baits, and have heard nothing but great things about Joey's extreme In-Lines.

As for mine, like Lew, they're all strung across the big livewell, the only use for it on my boat, and thats in winter storage, I'll post some pic's soon when I go to visit 'er for some spring cleaning..I think this thread will be around for a while, else I'll dig it up...I'll be making new in about a month or so, something completely different. B) ...and post them to this thread.

MarcThorpe..not surprised at all, I'd be more surprised if he didnt make all his own baits, most all the decent guides and pro's do, what a collection just the same.

I'll PM you about LakAir plans...

Be well lads.

pete

....only regret Ive ever experienced from these fines lures....

Lent some to a buddy for a trip north for musky,who lent some to his friend whilst there who never returned the 'FireTiger', you made me...... :angry: ... <_< .... ;) ...so the story went.

The lure was replaced with a store bought facimile but, But a bait hand crafted from a friend can never be replaced, it has history and memories....unfortunate but wont happen again.

OMG...

Art...Joe..they look so old school

You both deffinitely neeed some of the new ones, Ill look after that. I cant rememebr if I use to weight them back then or not...what was it...about 5yrs ago..??

Joe, the red/Wht/Blue was supposed to be a novelty not an actual lure...

PM comming tommorrow Bud's...G'night.

pete

BTW, Art, I just sent you a PM before seeing this

....only regret Ive ever experienced from these fines lures....

Lent some to a buddy for a trip north for musky,who lent some to his friend whilst there who never returned the 'FireTiger', you made me...... :angry: ... <_< .... ;) ...so the story went.

The lure was replaced with a store bought facimile but, But a bait hand crafted from a friend can never be replaced, it has history and memories....unfortunate but wont happen again.

Sure it can if your still friends, I don't remember the exact paint scheme but I have a good idea and will get one in the makin for you.

Art