hockey

lhousesoccer

ok so to make room for these guys who do you leave off? Crosby? Nash? Iginla? Getzlaf?

LOL, are you serious??

This is what I would have done:

Green for Seabrook

Carter for Staal

St.Louis for Bergeron

Stamkos for Toews

Lecavalier for Richards

LOL, are you serious??

Green for Seabrook

Carter for Staal

St.Louis for Bergeron

Stamkos for Toews

Lecavalier for Richards

Now we're talking, this the talent needed for a gold medal, I would add Phenuf for Pronger, Pronger is nothing but a dirty embaressment to Canada and in fact International Hockey.

How many points does Green need to make our stinking olympic team? does he actually have to double all other defencemen in the league?

Midway into Feb and Stamkos has 35 goals, 4th in the NHL and he dosn't make the team but there's room for Bergeron. Canada's olympic roster is a joke period

Canada out played them big time, besides the penalties, bad goals, it was Canadas game.

Except, if, besides, ......We would have won if the U.S. didnt is all that amounts to lol

You guys will definitely bring it on and i predict win gold over the U.S. Im sure theres a bitter taste that will motivate them to the gold now. But i sure hope the Canadian team doesnt think like the above quote........or itll be much of the same.

I agree, the extra game for canada is an advantage......to meld the team a little further and get a feel for how to position things for the final run. Good luck (and i mean that)

Its funny...if Canada won the game and didnt face a hot Goaltender, this conversation of who is there and isnt there wouldnt be happening...we would be plannig the gold medal party....but thats what makes us Canadian, and its AWSOME! Like others said...no need to panic....just Believe in this team and get behind them.

Its funny...if Canada won the game and didnt face a hot Goaltender, this conversation of who is there and isnt there wouldnt be happening...we would be plannig the gold medal party....but thats what makes us Canadian, and its AWSOME! Like others said...no need to panic....just Believe in this team and get behind them.

Exactly. If winning was a given there'd be no reason to have these competitions.

I can understand Torontonians who cheer for Buffalo or whatever but I don't get it when Canadians cheer against their national teams. It would be one thing to ignore the whole competition but to get emotionally involved and cheer against your national team is weird.

JF

I almost feel sorry for Brodeur, the guy has stood on his head for so many years, to hear some of the comments being made, sad. Personally, I would have had Luongo in for the game against the US...still don't know why Pronger is in the line-up, thought he sucked 4 years ago...a younger defenceman with wheels (take your pick) would have been a wiser choice.

Exactly. If winning was a given there'd be no reason to have these competitions.

I can understand Torontonians who cheer for Buffalo or whatever but I don't get it when Canadians cheer against their national teams. It would be one thing to ignore the whole competition but to get emotionally involved and cheer against your national team is weird.

JF

I wouldn't say criticisizing a national team that for some reason leaves it's greatest tallents off the roster is exactly cheering

against them. As a fan of the game it frustrates me to see how mismanaged our national hockey team is, because I don't think this group is good enough to win medal dosn't mean I'm any less Canadian.

LOL, are you serious??

Green for Seabrook

Carter for Staal

St.Louis for Bergeron

Stamkos for Toews

Lecavalier for Richards

Damn Stoty, I'm almost gettin' to like you..............lol

It's called cheering for your Nation. If the only reason people showed up to a sporting event, watched it on TV, or talked about it with friends is because there was some clear indication your team was going to win, then there'd be alot of empty stadiums around the world for every sport. Because there can be only one winner. But yet each team, each nation still competes hard, and fans watch.

Tell me something. Do you only go muskie fishing when you KNOW you're going to catch a 50-incher or better? Why shouldn't we cheer for Team Canada, regardless of what their potential medal standing will be?

oh I will be there cheering on my nation but i dont think Team Canada has the team to get it done. I hope I get proved wrong.

but there's room for Bergeron

instead of wanting him gone, maybe they should have had more guys like him. After all, who's going into the corners to get the puck? Who's throwing hits to remind the other team who they are playing? Guys like Bergeron are important. This team may be "too many chiefs not enough..."