Gulp Alive "Bait Management Center"

SlowPoke

Spent a moment admiring it myself at Trombly's when I went in for minnows. Still pondering whether or not I want to invest in trying one myself, but it looks like it would be perfect (IF it works) for me to use when I'm shorefishing as I do carry a satchel.

Michael

Saw a guest at the lodge this year with a neat idea. They bought small square water tight storage tubs from the grocery store and they stacked perfectly in a small tackle bag like the Plano one that goes on sale at CTC. They labelled the side of each tub. I've seen some similar water tight tubs at Dollarama and thought they might work the same

I got sick of using gulp because it dries up by the end of the day and its hell to get off the hook when it does. I did not find it any more effective that using their Power Bait formula which I like much better because the plastic is firmer so it does not tear as easily after multiple catches. Now we have to buy a container to hold the gulp because the bucket it comes in is so cheap that it leaks. No thanks. PS Gulp liquid smells worse than cat pee especially on a boat in 30 cel sunny weather. :lol:

Edited by Syn

I got sick of using gulp because it dries up by the end of the day and its hell to get off the hook when it does.

so do pork frogs and nobody seems to mind that....

I'm a big fan of gulp and in my experience it did outfish regular powerbait/other plastics....i got my ass kicked jiggin for walleye on a northern ON backwood lake, type of lake where the fish see about 3 lures a year, and gulp killed it....fish count was seriously 26 to 7 for gulp....thats the day when i deemed it was the worth the few extra bucks...

Here's a video Mercer did for my show on the product... he shook that thing for quite a while in the Studio and nobody got wet... the seals are tight.

Getting School'd Gulp video

People have been shaking that seal since the 50's. IT'S CALLED TUPPERWARE.

Holy doodle people, quit spamming and start thinking for yourself.

Jim

Hey Radnine, I've never seen a tupperware shaped like a Plano 3700... I thought Slowpoke asked if they worked or if anyone had experience with them... I'm not sponsored by Berkley nor is my show... all I know is I've seen them, shook them and yup... they work. Sorry for offering some insight and spamming you :huh:

I know JP wouldn't endorse it if it was junk... Mercer I'm not so sure of! ;):P

The seals looked good, nothing like Tupperware. Lids are fairly rigid and the box itself was pretty stout. Moreso than a regular Plano box with twist/flex.

My biggest concern would be plastic distortion over time. Even Falcon boxes tend to warp if you put soft baits in them.

I think I'll try one. As Archie said, "you've all spent more on crap you lost 5 minutes after buying".

I'm gonna RANT!

They gotta nerve really if you ask me! Since this overpriced stuff (which does work...but not as good as live bait as claimed in my experience) everybody has been complaining about the leaky containers. So what do they do...continue selling it in the same lousy container and charge you another $15 to store it properly....pretty clever really :angry:

I'm peed off enough with Berkely for discontinuing Powerbait Micro tubes and replacing them with those Atomic Tickler thingymabobs (another way to charge you more for less if ya ask me)

Oh well....looks good though....might have to invest(again) LOLOL.

Different strokes folks. Don't like it? Don't buy it.

Tupperware for my lures? Are you my wife? Maybe I should use those empty margarine containers for my tackle?

Gulp alive containers do suck, period. Yes they should "work" better, but even if they did I would still consider this option.

Gulp alive works. You don't think it does??? All the better for me thank you.