Deep Freeze Wooden Project

Leecher

Ok guys, mother nature is not nice to throw us in the deep freeze like that, so instead of going out and freeze my butt, decided to stay in the comfort of my home and hit the workshop :)

Been working on this project for the last week and today finally been able to apply a few coats of paint. Now you probably seen this pic in my previous thread

DSC03072.jpg

These are the pieces I started with.... those are from the picture frames I did for my dad before he past away last year. Had some left overs and thought I would use, so not to waste them. Glued them together and after some thinking and measuring, proceeded to the band saw and cut out the outline I had traced..... here's the result

Took a pic next to a 5" one to give you perspective :D

DSC03084.jpg

Now big was what I plan on creating and big is the results :lol: Not having the front of the piece round, had to improvise...... now for those that follow my wooden projects know what I mean. After a tremendous amount of gluing and sanding, was not achieving the results I wanted so had to bring in another product into play "Plastic wood" :)

Several coats were applied and sanded and a couple of white coat, only to achieve this result

DSC03132.jpg

Another

DSC03133.jpg

Now all that's remaining is the color pattern so stay tune for an update..... will keep you posted :D

Hope you enjoy

Leechman

:stretcher::lol: :lol: Hey Steve.... I'm looking for a musky hunter to test drive this baby..... are you up to it???

Hey Jacques, after seein' that :w00t: I think I'll stick to trout for a while.....BUT....whitespinnerbait is really hardstruck to try and get his 2nd Muskie so I bet he'd LOVE to get his hands on that thingy and play with it for a while :whistling::blink:

Edited by TroutnMuskieHunter

Leech, have you tried them out? I made some body baits years ago, spent days on them to find out they just laid on there side when retrieved :angry: . I did my trials in my neighbors pool. :rolleyes: He told me I had a real problem with my addiction of fishing, :blink: casting in his pool. Some people just don't under stand. <_< Or maybe he was worried about his liner. :o

Good work Leech on the first one ,but I don't want to comment on the last one, my wife seen me looking at your thread and said you guys are sick. :blahblah1: I still don't know what she was talking about. :dunno: