Are there any fishing/outdoors related boards on #chans? ALSO HI!

Mykester

The old guys probably don't know what I'm talking about lol. But seriously, are there?

Also to avoid getting flamed... hi I'm Mykester :) I've been fishing since I was 6, now I'm 17, but only got into urban angling this summer. Will hit up the Islands this year as I didn't try those out either.

Here are some pictures:

(board is being weird, here's a quick gallery: http://img651.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=photo0029.jpg)

Obviously nothing HUGE, it's a small pond thats only a 25 minute walk.

But seriously, any chans like /fish/ or something?

The old guys probably don't know what I'm talking about lol. But seriously, are there?

But seriously, any chans like /fish/ or something?

This board has a chat feature, its just gone for a bit during an upgrade, but its usually just a bunch of old guys :D

Seriously, I think you are referring to Internet Relay Chat , haven't used that in over 12 years, beleive the program I used was mIRC and I was on dialup with a 14400 modem. Doesn't it have a search function for channels ?

Sorry, as a old guy couldn't help responding, good luck and welcome to the forum.

Haha old people ^ (just kidding)

Nah I'm not referring to IRC, #chans are sort of like imageboards, but it's alright, it's great to have found a really active ontario fishing site.

Why would you want a chan board for fishing anyhow? A forum like this is much better.

Not me, im actually quite proud that i dont know what the heck hes talking about. #Chans.......that doesnt even make sense.

ditto , but after all I don't even know how to get into a chat room either.

up here in the bush we're still on the tin can and string .

#Chan refers to a cluster of message boards, some of them are populated by slugs who live in their parents' basements well past a reasonable age. These folks are referred to as /b/tards, since the /b/ directs the viewer to a particular subset of these message boards, where some of the most vile stuff is circulated. This is a very LOUD and opinionated and sometimes poorly informed community, not at all like this one.

Rule 34 states that no matter what your *interest* might be, there is a message board for that.

If you want to check it out, change the # sign to numeral 4, and let google be your friend.

4chan was and is still a very influential and powerful force on the net. It has spawned some incredibly important advances and some rather bad crud for the net.

It is also a collective force to be reckoned with. Its followers include some of the brightest hackers anywhere.

I don't think they have a fishing board since most of its followers are not really the outdoorsy type.

Its owner was voted one of the most influential people in the world...after the site's followers figured out how to circumvent Time Magazines online voting system. They actually voted people into a particular order to create a message with the first name of each winner in order.