a little feed from Chemong

Jer

After another day of fishing Chemong, we finally got to taste the fruit of our labours.

We fished deeper early in the day and couldn't buy a bite. We moved to a couple of shallower spots and got into some fish...

gallery_273_73_52238.jpg

...well Brandon got most of them as you can see above. He was fishing as shallow as 4'. We also managed a few sunfish which was a first for me through the ice.

And then this...

gallery_273_73_61763.jpg

...miraculously turned into this...

gallery_273_73_32559.jpg

...for a midnight snack.

More devastation on Buckhorn today. We musta caught 20 or 30 perch in a few hours. We let them all go just to keep everybody happy :lol: . Fished in about 8' of water with a little bit of weed.

A heads up for anyone venturing out on Upper Buckhorn. Be careful, we found some pretty wonky ice out there, 12" and then 30' away, only 4"!

Good work guys! What's with the stringer? did ya punch a hole and use it as a livewell? :lol:

Cheers,

Ryan

It was the only way Brandon could figger to hold up all his fish at once for the picture. They came home in a white bucket of course.

More devastation on Buckhorn today. We musta caught 20 or 30 perch in a few hours. We let them all go just to keep everybody happy :lol: . Fished in about 8' of water with a little bit of weed.

A heads up for anyone venturing out on Upper Buckhorn. Be careful, we found some pretty wonky ice out there, 12" and then 30' away, only 4"!

Way to go Jer...

Chase a few of them striped things up this way will ya...it would be nice to feel sumpin' pulling on my string...

Shane is probably right...the change in the weather might turn them on...unfortunately it is playing hell with my arthritis and the aches and pains from the last two outings...so I passed on today...

Don't get old...it hurts too much... :D

But then again...the alternative ain't so hot either...(or maybe it is... :devil: )

That's a nice feed right there.

I fished Barrie marina yesterday morning with little success. Landed 2 10"+ right away and then no bite after that. I had kept them cause it was early, luckily I had some filets in the freezer to add to today's lunch.

perch-1.jpg

Edited by Governator

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, has anyone been onto pigeon at all?

specifically the river, I'm down by the Glen, drilled a bunch of holes but can't seem to find any water deeper than 1-2.5 ft.

Apparently the channel will be as deep as 9ish ft. in the summer, but with the ice right now @ 14-16 inches and the levels down it's hard to find any depth.

i would love to get into atleast 4ft of water for perch.

P.S I know chemong is just a few km's down the road, but pigeon is almost at my doorstep....which makes it quite accesible for a quick dodge down to the fishin' hole to get some dinner!

Thanks, Chris

Hey, has anyone been onto pigeon at all?

specifically the river, I'm down by the Glen, drilled a bunch of holes but can't seem to find any water deeper than 1-2.5 ft.

Apparently the channel will be as deep as 9ish ft. in the summer, but with the ice right now @ 14-16 inches and the levels down it's hard to find any depth.

i would love to get into atleast 4ft of water for perch.

P.S I know chemong is just a few km's down the road, but pigeon is almost at my doorstep....which makes it quite accesible for a quick dodge down to the fishin' hole to get some dinner!

Thanks, Chris

I haven't seen anyone fishng the south end of Pigeon until today. I crossed the river at Emily around lunch time and there were a few people drilling some holes just north of the bridge. Whether they caught anything, or how the ice is, I don't know. They had just walked out.