Highway Tunes

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

As the parking lot nears and the snowshoes are getting strapped on....Overkill by Motorhead.

Metallica, anything up to and including the black album.

NOFX, Against Me, Bad Religion

Also another great is Uncle Tedly's Fred Bear

"If some of our teenage thrill seekers really want to go out and get a thrill. Let them go up into the north west and let them tangle with a Grizzly bear or Polar bear or brown bear and get that effect that will cleanse the soul"

Not my favorite band by any means, but try if you can to not speed with this blaring away in the car on the way to your favorite fishin hole!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0Y2g3zOzZM

Or, I find on the way home from a long day of fishin, staying awake on the ride home can be a challenge... I have found this to be an eye opener! Hard to fall asleep when you're laughing!

HH

1. QOTSA

2. Wu-Tang

3. Cypress Hill

4. Primus

5. The Cramps

WOOH EE AH AH!!

Tunes with a bit of humour find their way in our repertoire too..

Corky and The Juice Pigs, Detroit Grand Pubahs, G Love and the Special Sauce, Liam Lynch, Mickey Avalon, Tenacious D to name a few..

Detroit Grand Pubahs - Sandwiches. Spread your thighs like buttah easy to spread... BAHAHAAH at 2:46!!!

cheers

HD

It's pretty recent stuff Dave.. I see you're a fan of Zappa, so we may be from a different era of groove.

Sheik Yerbouti was a great album, but it came out before I was born!!

Actually, I'm a bigger fan of British Blues Rockers, mostly older stuff but I saw this fellow last year and he is without a doubt as good as any of the guitar heroes back in the 60's and 70's, this is from his Royal Albert Hall dvd of 2009. Shades of Led Zep and ZZ Top with a Jeff Beck intro.

Actually, I'm a bigger fan of British Blues Rockers, mostly older stuff but I saw this fellow last year and he is without a doubt as good as any of the guitar heroes back in the 60's and 70's, this is from his Royal Albert Hall dvd of 2009. Shades of Led Zep and ZZ Top with a Jeff Beck intro.

Wow Nice. Love the Moog Effect! Thanks for that.

It's pretty recent stuff Dave.. I see you're a fan of Zappa, so we may be from a different era of groove.

Sheik Yerbouti was a great album, but it came out before I was born!!

great to see a fellow Zappa Fan Here-Susie Cream Cheese...Classic

brilliant musician

am probably from a differentm musical genre as well--may have shoes/fishing gear older than some of you--LOL

for dedicated CD Highway tunes play K C Roberts and the LIVE Revolution

Parkdale FUNK 1

sure you can google search it

friend is the bass player

oh--David Clayton Thomas and the Toronto Symphony Orchestra Massey Hall Feb 12 & 13th for those that may not know the dates

sorry for the SPAM-no i'm not--LOL

Tight Lines All

Play ON

Paul

Well....my music has to be varied....Unagadadavida by Iron Butterfly, then some Santana, then some old swing tunes from the 40's, followed by Frank Sinatra and then some Buck Owens or Roy Orbison or Johnny Cash, then some Big Mama Thornton, then some Black Sabbath, then a french Canadian blues from Nanette Workman or Pagliaro or Jerry Boulet, then some Fine Young Cannibals followed by Ray Charles and throughout all of this, some Clapton, SRV, Pink Floyd, Ronnie Earl, Buddy Guy and a lot of blues music with lots of harmonica. Anyway....with only 1000 tunes....I still don't have enough.

If you can find "Rollin' and Crumblin'".... a tune from one of Tarantino's movies....it's a great waker upper. A heavy metal tune with harmonica.