Highway Tunes

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Some great tunes here...throw in some Teenage Head (old school Canadiana), Violent Femmes, Old Tragically Hip and Lynyrd Skynyrd!!!!!!!!

What he said, but substitute the Violent Femmes for April Wine's Greatest Hits! Oh yeah, and I forgot. Y'all gotta get THIS album! waylon-jennings-greatesthits.jpg

I've always loved Waylon Jennings, as I remember my Dad when I was a kid always having BX93 - the country station out of London on all the time. Then I kind of got away from country, but a couple years ago my wife and I were in the Yukon, and after spending 3 days hiking high ridges in Kluane, we went into Whitehorse for a night. We got a hotel (and a shower) and asked the girl at the front desk where we should eat and she said Klondike Rib & Salmon BBQ, just around the corner.

The place looked really cool, made up like a trappers cabin inside, with canvas ceiling and walls, looks of "Yukon-y" decor. We ordered the halibut chowder and caribou stew. Both were out of this world. While we were eating, I became aware of the music playing in the background and I knew I'd heard it before. I asked our waitress what it was, and she brought over the CD case - Waylon!

Ever since, this CD has been on my playlist, and I listen to it almost every week. Great road music.

I love the heavy stuff and usually have some Bobnoxious playing they are a great Canadian rock band from London.

Yes!!!! seen them a few times at Norma Jeans!! Great band

TDunn

Edited by TDunn

What he said, but substitute the Violent Femmes for April Wine's Greatest Hits! Oh yeah, and I forgot. Y'all gotta get THIS album! waylon-jennings-greatesthits.jpg

I've always loved Waylon Jennings, as I remember my Dad when I was a kid always having BX93 - the country station out of London on all the time. Then I kind of got away from country, but a couple years ago my wife and I were in the Yukon, and after spending 3 days hiking high ridges in Kluane, we went into Whitehorse for a night. We got a hotel (and a shower) and asked the girl at the front desk where we should eat and she said Klondike Rib & Salmon BBQ, just around the corner.

The place looked really cool, made up like a trappers cabin inside, with canvas ceiling and walls, looks of "Yukon-y" decor. We ordered the halibut chowder and caribou stew. Both were out of this world. While we were eating, I became aware of the music playing in the background and I knew I'd heard it before. I asked our waitress what it was, and she brought over the CD case - Waylon!

Ever since, this CD has been on my playlist, and I listen to it almost every week. Great road music.

Let's not forget the ultimate cowntry and wedstren song:

... and this one!

Right now I have a 4 disc set of Lynard Skynard in the 6 pack, with a couple mixed discs. I just put them in and hit random. Good for the way up and back!

This has got to be one of my fave's! The last line says it all!!!!

S.