NF- Hope your families are all home safe tonight

irishfield

..just called my daughter's phone to see how they were making out after skiing Blue. Son (driving), Wife, both daughters and their boyfriends are currently sitting at a road block in front of the WBeach Arena, in my F150 Supercrew. Can't leave Wasaga Beach for Elmvale as every road East and South are closed. Got my son on the phone and told him to ask the Cop to let him turn around and I then gave him directions to the only back road East down by the beach. Hope he finds it and remembers the left/right/left and gets them home safe. Told him if no vis to turn around immediately and to go bang on friends of ours door in the Beach for the night.

Edited by irishfield

That's terrible news Wayne. I'm sure they'll be okay. He knows the roads are bad and he'll drive carefully. It's the drivers that aren't worried and speed that get into trouble.

Take a deep breath, make yourself a tea, and they'll be fine.

Joey

Thanks Joey. Just talked with them and he found the road I was talking about. It's bordered pretty good with a tree line and so far clear sailing with no other traffic behind or coming at them.

You never quit being a father...no matter what their age. I'm starting to become my parents...if ya know what I mean!

I know the area well, that area they closed gets a heavy drift/wind they used to close it all the time in that same spot. Your son should be O.K. finding the other road cause there's only a couple in the beach.

Thery are probably pulling up as I write this, they will be fine.

Hey Irishfield. I felt your stress last night too. Our son had called and he was stuck in some gas station between Angus and Blue, headed for snowboarding. He said all the roads were closed and they had to wait for the storm to pass before they could move.

Glad to hear your family is safe at home.

Our son and his friends are home safe now too :thumbsup_anim:

dang all we had here was very high winds the snow has already melted so no blowing for us. I still dont know why the there are not tree lines along the road ways I know here we get alot of blowing snow and it makes a mess for weeks after the snow comes are these people that stupid that we have in office that they can not see when you pass a small tree line along the same strech of road that it blocks all the snow and you have cleane safe roads? sorry dumb question I know the answer.

Sorry Wayne I did not mean to change the thread glad to here they made it home safe.

Good to hear everything is ok

gcd that stretch of ontario; it's not a matter of it will snow, it's how much. Snowsqualls off georgian bay are more than common. if you look at what the weatherman is saying you'd never get out.

Good to hear everything is ok

gcd that stretch of ontario; it's not a matter of it will snow, it's how much. Snowsqualls off georgian bay are more than common. if you look at what the weatherman is saying you'd never get out.

Actually in that little section, it doesn't matter if it's not snowing. If there's a bit of snow all it takes is a wind to come up and the roads can be closed, and you don't always get a wind warning :(

Maureen

Yesterdays storm took most people by surprise. I spent the morning getting the 3 retreat facilities at the camp ready for the customers that were scheduled to start arriving yesterday afternoon. At 2:00 I used the front end loader to clear all paths and sidewalks as the packed snow and ice were melting. Just as I finished the wind shifted to the North and within 15 min all the water left on these areas was frozen. From that point the weather went downhill quickly. My son in law, who is a shift worker, said last nights 35 Km ride home was among the worst he has ever driven in. People in Forest which is 7Km from out house by the lake, stayed in town at friends and relations as visibility was nil. All in all not a good night to be out. Hope everyone got to there destinations safely..