Another beautiful day on the ice

irishfield

Got out with Terry, Lloyd and Drew again today. Up at 5:30.. off to meet Terry for 7 in Orillia and the same routine as New Years Day to have us fishing by 8:30 on a Zone 15 lake. Terry's starting to get really pissed about the blind fold though! :angry:

A tad brisk this morning at -18C.. but thankfully no wind worth speaking of and the sun came out full. Big difference having a black hut vs the blue Clams. I didn't have to turn my heat on.. just left my door open into the sun, well until I turned it on to boil water for my Mr. Noodles, and then once use to the heat couldn't turn it off. Lloyd had his hut at a balmy 31*C for most of the day, and I forgot to grab a shot of his red neck thermal hut design.. I think he was trying to get Drew to strip down.. but I don't really want to know! :o:D

At one point Terry was moving spots and well.. Houston.. we have a man down, but hey look.. he's okay! lol Hope the back straightens itself out tomorrow bud.

Terry, Drew and I got skunked. Lloyd got into a couple of lakers. One keeper and one big squirmer that he let go. Neither had fin clips so suspect natural repros.

The other day I decided to do some new rod holders. My hut had the little rings that flip out but make the rod statically (word?) stiff. Amazing what you can make out of an old door mount shoe rack. These allow the rod to tip ever so easily down if a fish takes the bait.. and take about 3 seconds to remove from the frame to put the cover on for transport.

Mr. Noodles and Chief Boy R D for lunch !

We were on 10 to 11"s of ice!

huts.jpg

lloydlaker1.jpg

lloydlaker2.jpg

holder1.jpg

holder2.jpg

water1.jpg

boyrd.jpg

Edited by irishfield

Looks like a great day to me. Congrats on the fish Lloyd and great idea with the rod holders Wayne. If things weren't package I be looking to see what I could find to rig up something similar. I'll be pondering the idea while I'm in the hut tomorrow. :) Hope the back will be OK Terry.

the back is still sore

only took 15 minutes to figure out how to get out of bed

I do really like those rods holders, I will need to do something like that myself

I saw some fish on the fishfinder when I first got there, so I put the camera down really dark water but I did see a bunch of really small rock bass and that were the only fish I saw on the fishfinder all day

simcoe whitefish here I come

Edited by Terry®

WAS GOOD TO SEE YOU BOTH AGAIN. TERRY WE HAVE TO GET RID OF THE SMELL IN YOUR HUT WHEN YOU FISH ON MY LAKE LOL

IT WAS SLOW TODAY TOO, BUT WE DID GET A FEW FISH AND LOST 7 TODAY. WE FOUND A NEW SPOT IN THE AFTERNOON ON THE WAY HOME THAT EVEN TERRY CAN GET A FISH LOL (LOBLAWS) THEY HAVE ALL YOU WANT LOL

HOPE YOUR FEELING BETTER TERRY. GET YOUR BACK IN SHAPE WE HAVE 6 DAY FISHING TRIP COMING SOON.