Sault Ste Marie, ON

foggynotions

I posted this in another thread, but I figure I would post it in its own thread and anyone in the area can add to it as the hardwater season progresses!

Just some more lake conditions for the Sault Ste Marie / Ranger Lake / Highway 129 area:

Ranger Lake - 12" as of Sunday smack dab in the middle of the lake more around 8" some slush spots along the south shore

Penelope Lake - 10-12" all over some small pockets of slush

Desbarats Lake - 8" slushy and some open water going into the cut by Barbers Side Road

Wakomata Lake - Unknown - was there for the long weekend, still no one fishing it.. just recently froze over

Damn Lake - (north of Wakomata) slushy in spots with some open water in the back bay but where the trail comes on end of the lake 10"

Appleby Lake - (Hwy 129) hut on the lake and lots of sled tracks not sure of ice depths

Cummings Lake - 8" at the point off of Hwy 129 about 6 people fishing around 100ft out in the normal spot

Saymo Lake - 10" and slush pockets at different areas of the lake and still open water at the swamp near the domtar end of the lake

I didn't get to all these spots but I was told by numerous friends and people that have been fishing. Hope this helps!

Len

thanks ssmfishingguy

yee yee!! never ice fished rock so we'll see what happens!

i was out on ottertail at this time last week and there was 10"

friday on crooked lakes behind northland on the searchmont highway and there was 8-9inches with slush

looks like things are getting stiff and ready hehe :P

also i welcome you to on here and great to see you on here! not that many from the sault but there is a small number of us :)

Edited by worm dangler

Algoma Swill, lets do it boys.

There were the solid beginnings of one every saturday night last winter through steelhead season, nothing like the post fishing wing nuts session

Actually starts anytime the Northgate Shopping Plaza is open eh Luc....

Edited by troutologist

That's because I've been too busy crying in my beer. Loved the Sault area when I was younger. Haven't been back in 25 years.

no kidding eh? i just moved back here 3 years ago after being away in oshawa and bowmanville for 12 or 13 years. i dont really think a whole lot has changed, besides the good ol' trails and where you can fish.

Three new lakes to report

South Anvil Lake - 15-16" solid good ice, very windswept no slush

North Anvil Lake - 15-16" solid good ice, very windswept no slush no slush

Mystery Lake - 15-16" solid good ice, very windswept no slush no slush

On a side note,

- For those of you that know the Anvil's the beaver dam area was pretty solid and the trail around is a bit sketchy because of a lack of snow

- Saymo Lake where you enter the swamp was also solid, we broke trail up and onto the domtar road (which is awesome, snowy and not plowed)