Hockey collecters

misfish

I have had this goalie stick now, for almost 20+ years.

I have shown it to a few older fellas at work,one being a goalie from the 60,s.He said that Johnny Bower used the same brand when he played.

Can anyone date this stick and give me a value on it?

The stick is still in mint shape.No seperating of the blade.

20091221_01.jpg

20091221_02.jpg

Made in Canada

20091221_03.jpg

Thanks

Edited by misfish

oh man... can i remeber that stick...HEAVY with about ten pounds of resin on it ...mid/late 70s i would think is when i used one very similar to that

if you do find a savvy hockey collector let me know ...i have something very rare

Edited by Twocoda

Baurer Bower both were big names in the game. Well it's a classic goal stick, personally it would have a spot of honour above my beer fridge ;) Other than that don't know how you would value it but someone may.

Thats where it has been. ;)

The only other wooden Canadian made stick, I have ever owned and used, was a Wally. It was made in Newhamberg Ont.Where I played in my younger days.

If you wanted a heavy (deffencemen chopping stick),that would be the one.Not sure they even exsit anymore.

Edited by misfish

WOW! Johnny Bower was a BIG HERO in London when I was a kid. I have a ltd edition print of his, hangin in the family room!

I remember Wally sticks!! My 1st "curved" stick was a Wally! My dad wouldn't let me use a Wally Warp until I scored 3 goals in 1 game. Took some trying but I finally got it. My dad took me to the store that day!! Not sure who was more proud....me or dad!!

I had to use a Green Flash up until that day....now that was HEAVY!!

Good luck on the value of that old "AXE" , lol, it is a real BEAUT!!

FT

Johnny Bower Brian. The stick is definately old I would agree with 60's vintage but value would be based on history as much as age ie who did it belong to?

I bet it belonged to Brian's dad who then used it on Brian when he was MIS Behavin!! :P :P

Rob

Maple... At $300 a bush cord....probably about $5 for the fireplace! lol

Sorry bud... can't help ya. A rare item these days.....

Hey Wayne, I'll take a couple of bush cords delivered to Burlington...... :w00t:

its not worth much... its just a stick like any other my friend. if it was signed, or had been used by someone famous, that would be a different story.

its value would be more of a sentimental sort, had it been passed along in the family, or was given by a parent or grandparent. its more of a keepsake now. i have an OLD player stick that i got from my grandpa many years ago, solid 1 piece stick. once i have a place that i can properly decorate, it will have a place on my wall.

so, again, sorry to be the one to break it to ya, but as for value, not much at all. a collector someplace might pay a few bucks to add to his collection, but ur better off keeping it, and proudly displaying a classic piece of our game above the fireplace.

its not worth much... its just a stick like any other my friend. if it was signed, or had been used by someone famous, that would be a different story.

its value would be more of a sentimental sort, had it been passed along in the family, or was given by a parent or grandparent. its more of a keepsake now. i have an OLD player stick that i got from my grandpa many years ago, solid 1 piece stick. once i have a place that i can properly decorate, it will have a place on my wall.

so, again, sorry to be the one to break it to ya, but as for value, not much at all. a collector someplace might pay a few bucks to add to his collection, but ur better off keeping it, and proudly displaying a classic piece of our game above the fireplace.

I had no intentions of selling it.I was curious.

Thanks for the reply.

bet it belonged to Brian's dad who then used it on Brian when he was MIS Behavin!!

If you ask my pop Rob,he,ll tell ya it never fazed on me one bit. :P:P

Johnny does a LOT of charity events these days .. he'll most likely be glad to sign it for you he's a real gentleman ! ... then in another 20 years it really WILL be worth something .. especially if you get a picture of him signing it with you in the picture (I did that with a leafs jersey) :)