ice fishing locally

fishinguypat

Bellwoods a pretty popular place to icefish. If you want to find out about ice conditions there you can call the conservation area. You can rent huts there to. I was thinkin of trying it out after xmas.

Other places to try close to KW are Guelph lake, Puslinch (sp)?, Conestoga lake. I thinks these are all open for icefishing. I have never fished these myself though.

The best bets are probably Belwood and Guelph Lake. go to the Grand River Conservation Authority website for details, was thinking of renting a hut on guelph lake in the new year to try it out. I have only fished it in the summer.

Other places somewhat close are puslinch, conostogo, orangeville and one more place closer to hamilton which eludes me at the moment.

Hope this helps,

yeah i was gonna try bellwood last year but something came up...i don't have an auger though do you think they have those provided?

who wants to spent more, but BPS has Augers manual ones, from 45 bucks -100 bucks. manual mind you,

and then electric, then gas for the big bucks OR get the attachment for a cordless drill...

Just got a heads up from the freindly folks at the GRCA....

Belwood currently has only 3.5" of fractured ice.

Not great, nor recommended yet.

Looks like we also have some rain forecast for Christmas day(hopfully it will turn to snow)

Belwood being a reservoir tends to go up and down pretty quick, making it tuff for good ice to form

if there is any melting or rain falling...especially near the shore lines(which can be quite deep)

Check with the GRCA in a week and see what they are saying.

Good luck,

do not rent a hut on geulph lake we did that once and the huts were in thirty feet of water and no one was catching anything that deep belwoods is a good bet for lots of pike and some huge perch

if you want to come down my way we have an auger and hut and we have some fantastic ice fishing all around the niagara area for everything trout walleye moster pike perch gills just everything

how much would the atachment for cordless drill cost i have like 6 cordless drills i use so that would be the best option for me.

I've seen them for $25 but if you can weld then it's a whole lot less...

my cousin made one for me so I'll be testing it out this year but I have low expectations about the end result...