What,,,,,,,,

misfish

until the leafs get a true #1 goalie we are going see this up and down performance all season

Dunno what more you could have asked from Gustafson last night. He didn't get that shutout because his dmen were all stellar.

How does one tell which are the number one goalies? Seems to me they all have their ups and downs. Boston's sitting the Vezina winner right now. Brodeur sucked in the much touted battle of the goalies for the number one start spot on the Canadian team a while back. Ottawa gets a near shutout from a first gamer last night. Luongo's had some problems but he may be the closest thing to a solid number one at the moment. As I look around the league there are a lot of backups playing pretty regularly. Perhaps even the coaching staffs aren't sure what to expect from a number one any more?

JF

Edited by JohnF

i dunno what you meant there misfish.....

but im a leafs fan, i dunno if i misunderstood you....or if you misunderstood me

but im confused :)

I was talking about the 2 goalies.

One of them need to step up and be the #1. The leafs have always had a #1,even though they would never be on anyother team.LOL

Im always MIS-understood here.LOL

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

as long as the sens are still in 5th, and the leafs are in 12th, i'm pretty sure i'm still going to make fun of the leafs!

however, i bet the habs fans are starting to feel breath on the backs of their necks!!! are you getting nervous yet habs fans? those leafs you made fun of all spring are going to steamroll over you to take that previous 9th place in the east by spring!

Dunno what more you could have asked from Gustafson last night. He didn't get that shutout because his dmen were all stellar.

How does one tell which are the number one goalies? Seems to me they all have their ups and downs. Boston's sitting the Vezina winner right now. Brodeur sucked in the much touted battle of the goalies for the number one start spot on the Canadian team a while back. Ottawa gets a near shutout from a first gamer last night. Luongo's had some problems but he may be the closest thing to a solid number one at the moment. As I look around the league there are a lot of backups playing pretty regularly. Perhaps even the coaching staffs aren't sure what to expect from a number one any more?

JF

wow ... to put Gustavsson (the Monster) in the same quote as Brodeur and Luongo ... can't say I agree with that ...

he needs to earn and prove he is a #1 with a lot more games under his belt

I am not a GM and getting paid 2 million a year like Burke but it doesn't take a genius to see that these stats are taking a long shot (which by the way the leafs organization do a lot) the salary cap does limit what they can do , so what choice do they have ?

Gustavsson will not be there number 1 ... I think he is just a temporary solution until they can unload Toskala and go shopping again

here are those stas if you care to look:

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8475361

What do you mean "No Bashing the Leafs". Didn't you see the clean hit Boychuk laid on Stajan at the end of the game. Gotta keep his head up when playing with the big boys. And then Chara bloodied Komesarik in the ensuing scrum. And then the refs gave the only penalty to Poni :lol: . The Bruins may have lost but the game, but the Leafs were the ones giving blood.

It's all about hockey...which the laffs don't qualify for.... :rolleyes:

Obviously if a baseball team went out and couldn't hit the ball....well...same thing :rolleyes:

If every time I cast I hit and snagged on shore I'd either try to get better or I'd quit....why do the laffs torment their fans....oh yeah....brainwashing :lol::lol:

One thing you can be sure of is that at any given time more than 50% of the laffs will suck and that......means losing......and year 5 of golfing in the spring... :lol::lol:

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

stajan cut across the middle with his head down. he does it often, and it's not the first time he's been cut down like that. if he doesn't smarten up, it won't be the last. especially when you play on a team that boasts it's pugnacity etc... :P

any team with komisarek shouldn't be worrying about what doesn't get called on the other team...

Not arguing that DOC.It was leap off the ice.

I am a Leafs fan 100% but he didn't leap. The direction the league is going now, any open ice hit can be misconstrued as a dirty hit.

It wasn't a blatant head shot, and anyone who has played hockey at the Junior Level and above would hopefully agree with that. From PeeWee on, you are taught to keep your head up and not to accept a pass such as that.

Stajan was hit cleanly. The way things are going, the NHL will soon be "non-contact". It's sad, it's part of the game, when someone gets hit, let it be a lesson, not a debate.

And.....I'm done

Edited by MuskyMike