Opinions Eskimo Portable Hut

krawler

I can get a great deal on the following hut but ive looked everywhere online for any information relating to its durability, material quality, easy to set up for one person, etc, cannot find anything. Anyone have experience with this specific hut? Would like to hear your opinions.

Also not sure how it folds, does it fold like the Quickflips into the sled?

http://www.geteskimo.com/foundations/store...params=69802*55

Thanks

I can get a great deal on the following hut but ive looked everywhere online for any information relating to its durability, material quality, easy to set up for one person, etc, cannot find anything. Anyone have experience with this specific hut? Would like to hear your opinions.

Also not sure how it folds, does it fold like the Quickflips into the sled?

http://www.geteskimo.com/foundations/store...params=69802*55

Thanks

When you click on that link, look to the right, "MANUAL", it's a qick download, shows how to assemble it, it sure looks like the normal flip over hut.

Come'on Kris.. read the link you provided! lol.. works like mine did that we fished in.. but you get a couple crappy triangle "chairs" instead of what my Frabil has. (although if an older model that you can get the deal on it may have seats... as the manual shows seat assembly). Frabil did the same thing.. next seasons after mine they threw in folding chairs vs seats.

Edited by irishfield

I'd say, by their descriptions, that the Express is the Quick Flip 2 but with chairs and not seats.

Eskimo Express 2

With 2-Person Flip Style Ice House with Chairs!

Package Includes:

Quickflip 2, Flip Style 2-Person ice shelter

Two ergonomically designed, triangular folding, ice fishing chairs with travel bags

Yeah, its pretty much the same as the quickflip 2. I had one (gave it to my old man). Its a decent hut, but a chore to pull by hand. Behind a machine its a thing of beauty. I had mine for 4 seasons, and its still going. I hope they changed the window system though, if you werent careful, they would break on you when taking it down. (eskimo replaced mine for free twice) Make sure and get the cover, its worth its weight in gold. Easy to set up by yourself, even in a good wind. I rubbed wax on my poles, it made it that much easier to extend them. Put runners on the sled, it really saves it.

Good hut all around, I liked mine.

S.

Sounds like a plan Bruce but honestly no...just perched here on OFC takin it all in and stirrin the pot a little.

BTW. When is there gonna be smelt on the go down your way? I'm really looking forward to it.

A few weeks yet Steve. Only a few sheltered ponds have any real ice yet.

I'm up for a road trip anytime there is enough ice and the smelts are in. You wouldn't believe how much Sue likes those ones we caught last winter. I rationed them out so we'd have enough to last us until I could get some more. 1 package left. (acctually I had to hide them in the freezer or Sue would have eaten them a long time ago LOL) She still keeps asking if you are coming for a visit Bruce.