wolves pay a visit

grt1

Yesterday I spotted a wolf coming off the shoreline by my neighbours house. I saw it had something in it's mouth and I hoped it wasn't the neighbour's cat, so when we went to town later in the afternoon we stopped and checked, the cat was safe.

There were 2 more wolves running around on the ice in front of my place when we went to town. I talked to another neighbour and he has a moose hanging in his garage so they may be on the scent of this moose.

Anyway, it was kind of neat to watch them for a while.

If I had thought of it sooner I would have got my handycam out and taken some footage, but , I just got it and totally forgot that I had it. Guess that's what old age does to you.

I wouldn't shoot them, they are just a great feature of living in the north.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

I wouldn't shoot them, they are just a great feature of living in the north.

i was going to say this. i feel like it's privelege every time i see a wolf close up.

i was going to say this. i feel like it's privelege every time i see a wolf close up.

A wolf yes...i keep thinking coyote.

I saw a pair of timber wolves a couple years ago, jet black on one and silver on the other..beautiful

Yesterday I spotted a wolf coming off the shoreline by my neighbours house. I saw it had something in it's mouth and I hoped it wasn't the neighbour's cat, so when we went to town later in the afternoon we stopped and checked, the cat was safe.

There were 2 more wolves running around on the ice in front of my place when we went to town. I talked to another neighbour and he has a moose hanging in his garage so they may be on the scent of this moose.

Anyway, it was kind of neat to watch them for a while.

Friend of mine lived in Mackie Ontario by the Ottawa River. He said he saw wolves on numerous occasions in the winter chase deer out onto the ice were the deer loose there footing and become wolf dinner.

So it's OK to shoot at your neighbour's house? As long as there isn't anybody else to see? :D

No, thats not quite what I mean...what I mean is I didn't notice the part about the neighbore house because if we looked at a wolf here it likely wouldn't be toward a house..it would more likely be clear shooting.

kinda like the guy shooting the pet deer from the road...we are allowed to up here...off the "travelled" portion

Edited by Dara

During the summer while out wally fishin', there was a massive grey wolf walking along the highway not scared of my truck,so I stopped and got out of the truck(big mistake) and took some pictures once he saw me he started walking towards me.I almost crapped myself and jumped into the truck. :w00t: I dont know what was wrong with it,they are beutiful creatures to see in the wild.

Edited by troutboy

During the summer while out wally fishin', there was a massive grey wolf walking along the highway not scared of my truck,so I stopped and got out of the truck(big mistake) and took some pictures once he saw me he started walking towards me.I almost crapped myself and jumped into the truck. :w00t: I dont know what was wrong with it,they are beutiful creatures to see in the wild.

can you post those pics?