Boat question

bigredfisher

the boat that i am about to purchase is a good one. But i dont like the colour of the carpet. I dont want to let this deal go. Can i take it somewhere to get changed and how much does it cost?

thanks

ill post pics of the inside torrmow

its a 2001 princecraft 186 with a 2008 115 yamaha motor and a 2008 yamaha 15 hp kicker. Comes with 2 riggers, fish finder, gps. What do you think for 20 grand. Is it worth it???????

I am pretty sure it is but i want to hear what you guys think.

Hi Bigredfisher.

I had to redo the carpets on my nitro bassboat 2 years ago and went out and got a few estimates. I was blown away by the estimates I got. They were all in the 2000.00 range so I decided to do it myself. I bought a better quality carpet then the stock carpet for about 200.00 bucks. Be careful taking the old carpet off because you will need it to trace the pattern on the new carpet. All the hinges on the lids have to be removed and put back on in there original places or the lids won't fit, be very carefull with this or you will have major problems. I kept track of the time it took me to complete the job and it is somewhere about 60 or 70 hours. All the old glue must be removed off the decks and lids by means of scraping. On the lids the tops have to be glued first and left to dry before you begin to wrap and clamp the edges so that the carpet doesnt move when you are doing the edges. I used regular contact cement and the job turned out perfect. Its very laboursome thats why my estimates were so expensive. But I saved about 1700 bucks doing it myself. Hope this helps.

pesonally, Iwouldn't put carpet back in, I have a Hell of a time keeping mine clean, it holds the dirt and pollen (up here we get a lot of pollen from the poplar and birch trees) and it always look grubby. No matter how many times I pressure wash it the dirt doesn't take long to appear.

go with a vinyl flooring, it cleans well and the new ones out are non-slip.

Even Lund has put in lift up carpet over the vinyl.

60-70 hours??? I did my Gambler in 19 and that was time consuming enough.Darryl I can get the carpet and help you if you decide to change it.

It really depends on the carpet type and glue used by the manufacturer as to how easy replacement will be.

Mine left a lot of backing behind when it was stripped off and required lots of scraping to remove it.

I also had to pretty much disassemble the whole boat in order to do some of the flooring pieces. With the most difficult being the main floor area.

The rod locker and console had to be removed to replace the carpet there.

I have owned a princecraft 186 with a 100 johnson and it was the best boat i ever owned,and i have owned 5 boats never should have sold it and i sold it for 22000. 2 years old with scooty riggers and all the eqipt,i think you might have paid to much if it needs carpet work mine was mint.but anyhow word of advice,thats the nicest 186 in its class on the water,dont carpet it yourself,look around and find a professinal who does marine carpet and hire them you will love the out come it will look like a new boat and you will be proud of that boat guarantee.kevin booth

Kev_with_his_winning_fish_and_new_boat_package.jpg