Frogwater Steelhead ~ Pic's

solopaddler

I know the comment is tongue and cheek. I fish frog water all the time as most of my fishing is done with fidel. The only different brand i fish is the credit, i have no time to hit the others. I have a hard time reading rivers like the lower humber that have been dug out for boaters. Im just trying to get a few pointers from the resident guru before you charging for consults.

Fantastic! Makes me want to get out of the office and do a couple drifts :)

Is that a blind eye in one of the close-up pics? Pupil seems very small. Nice pink cheeks though!

Yeah, that was one of mine.. It was a little weird looking... Other side was fine.. I was about to take a pic of the good side when it decided it didn't want to lay there anymore and swam away, lol

I know the comment is tongue and cheek. I fish frog water all the time as most of my fishing is done with fidel. The only different brand i fish is the credit, i have no time to hit the others. I have a hard time reading rivers like the lower humber that have been dug out for boaters. Im just trying to get a few pointers from the resident guru before you charging for consults.

You and Fidel will have to join me for a day if the opportunity presents itself.

I'd like to pick your brain about the area north of V-town anyway. :)

But where the trough is for the boats is basically what Mike aims for. You can't really read that at the surface, unless the water has a certain clarity - then you can more or less judge by the water's hue. Still, there's a relatively good amount of trial and error involved, even to the day. I've fished a lot of frog water, and in 8' of water I've caught them in less than 3' and more than 6'. The biggest trick is to time your visit with the arrival of fish; otherwise you won't know if you're doing it right.

Sure just give me a time so i can get out of my "shackles" as fidel would say. She can't say no to a 3-some

Shackles? 3-some?

:o

p.-

Great spot to kill time! :PB)

It's like casting into the void there.. Whatcha want is that deep slack water at the foot of the rapids in the Humber..

I can feel that you're getting closer.. very close now.. ;)

HD

The rube comment is from the other day when i recommended siglon f for floatfishing. AAAAnnnnnnnyyyyways the mouth of the humber is deep and wide, no seams just constant wave action, probably better bottom bouncing. It narrows past the lakeshore to more like your style, but it is slow and the bottom is muddy and about 5-7'. Again no seam, structure or pocket water. thats my dilemma. I usually tend to go elswhere or up river, but your post is inspiring.

Ya better bring your arctic woolies my friend. Long range forecast looks cold.

Not N.W.T. cold, but still.

(And no worries there's plenty of fish left to be caught. :) )

Well todays temps here are mind numbingly cold!!!

Coldest day of the winter so far with a balmy daytime high of -35C.

Luckily it's not windy though so the windchill is only -46C!!!!!! :w00t:

-10 is tee shirt weather!!!!!! :lol:

I don't know how you do it Solo. I miss that area, too far now I am married with kids. But hey, she's got her hair done recently, that's atleast worth the drive. Good show, man I miss it.

Ironically my better half is out right now getting her hair done then shopping.

My 2 little ones are currently running amok and inconsolable.

I'm thinking I need the number for nanny 911.

During steelhead season I arrange to have 2 days free and clear each week (sometimes one).

They tend to keep me sane and fortunately my wife agrees. :)

What is "frog water"?

Is it pea green water?

New saying to me.

Frogwater is a descriptive term used to describe water that's teeming with frogs.

The fish are attracted to and excited by the frogs and that usually means good fishing.

(I'm in a sassy mood. Frogwater=slow moving water with little or no visible current)

:)

Ironically my better half is out right now getting her hair done then shopping.

My 2 little ones are currently running amok and inconsolable.

I'm thinking I need the number for nanny 911.

During steelhead season I arrange to have 2 days free and clear each week (sometimes one).

They tend to keep me sane and fortunately my wife agrees. :)

Mike

Haven't you figured out that to get them little buggers in line at this time of year you just have to tell them to smarten up or you'll tell santa that they've been bad. No toys for you, just coal!!!!!

Works every time. If it doesn't make sure you hide all the gifts and wrap a couple of chunks of coal up for them on the big day. After they have spent 30 minutes or so freaking out you can tell them that if they promise to be really good that santa may forgive them and bring their gifts!!!! :D

Mike

Haven't you figured out that to get them little buggers in line at this time of year you just have to tell them to smarten up or you'll tell santa that they've been bad. No toys for you, just coal!!!!!

Works every time. If it doesn't make sure you hide all the gifts and wrap a couple of chunks of coal up for them on the big day. After they have spent 30 minutes or so freaking out you can tell them that if they promise to be really good that santa may forgive them and bring their gifts!!!! :D

I already told them Santas angry brother Dave was gonna visit us over christmas from the north pole.

That he's gonna be checking up on 'em..

They weren't impressed. :lol:

Ssssssssssassy! B)

p.-

Frogwater is a descriptive term used to describe water that's teeming with frogs.

The fish are attracted to and excited by the frogs and that usually means good fishing.

(I'm in a sassy mood. Frogwater=slow moving water with little or no visible current)

:)

Guest steel'n'esox

You must have a notch in the back of your neck from the pictures with the rod behind your shoulders, or are one hell of a good balancer, great pictures as always and great fishing, if you ever get tired of taking great steelhead pictures, I here Hef is lookin for a photographer as well :o