Simcoe Bait and Tackle gone Rack and Reel is here

Cudz

Simcoe Bait and Tackle in Barrie has new owners and a new name. It is now called "Rack and Reel" and it has a small hunting section (mostly bows). The lady I talked to was pleasant and her name was Penny. They still have minnows and stock hasn't changed too much. There is an ice fishing corner.

I love Bass Pro like the next angler but I really try to support my local shop too. I hope it goes well for her.

Good stuff. Glad to hear it stayed as a fishing shop. I know "Sweet Lou" could rub some people the wrong way but I never actually had a problem with him. Happy to continue supporting the local retailer. If they only add a musky section and keep some bigger minnows through the winter I could really support them!

Good stuff. Glad to hear it stayed as a fishing shop. I know "Sweet Lou" could rub some people the wrong way but I never actually had a problem with him. Happy to continue supporting the local retailer. If they only add a musky section and keep some bigger minnows through the winter I could really support them!

She told me she had the big sucker minnows and crappie??? for musky for georgian bay. Not sure what crappie means.

The Rack and Reel

so I guess she has nice reels

but does she have a nice rack

it had to be asked

How be I send her your address and she can come over and give you a sized 12 mitt in the chops, she's a nice young woman and I wish her business the best.

I stopped in a few days after she opened, while the floor was still half empty.

At that time she was talking about carrying a local bow manufacturer. A guy from Stayner area who makes cross bows, and maybe some other styles as well. Not to sure on the details.

At that time she was talking about carrying a local bow manufacturer. A guy from Stayner area who makes cross bows, and maybe some other styles as well. Not to sure on the details.

Interesting.

Edited by misfish

the last owners had big minnows too, but only in the summer (when I didn't want them). Hopefully new owners will have decent sized pike bait in the winter

Jacobs is just a coffee drive away.No offence to the new owners. MAYBE THEY WILL HELP OUT THIS SEASON.

Edited by misfish

I liked Lou. Now, I didn't shop at the store all that often, but found him to be great anytime I was there. I wish him the best.

In terms of the minnows, I think there's one guy with the majority of the wholesale business in the area. (Name escapes me). Just guessing, but when there is demand for stock, maybe it makes a difference if the store owner in question has a good relationship with him.