Shop Pictures

Dara

Since the pics are posting this time...they don't always. Here is my latest.

The top is flame birch and the frame is cherry.

early stages..first dry fit

1-3.jpg

then after a bunch of tapering, beveling, planing and first coat of tung oil.

4-3.jpg

5-3.jpg

6-2.jpg

7-2.jpg

Thanks for the nice comments guys. Monsterman, PM sent. Yes, its spoken for..housewarming gift for a friend of the wife.

There is more to come though...kids are grown and I get lots of shop time.

Thats fine irishfield..makes me proud...but you can't build this art..it grows

Thats fine irishfield..makes me proud...but you can't build this art..it grows

LOL.. she's always looking for something new to build. Lost a 1/5th of my shop to her. This was her first big project.. when she was 16/17

desk.jpg

..and some of her other projects..

kfurniture.jpg

Edited by irishfield

Awesome! beautiful work.

I love the design of the table, is its your own? great looking top!

I'm a finish carpenter and have a nice little shop I just dont use all that much, but your pics are very motivating :)

thanks for the post!

Ryan

I'm impressed Irishfield (for some reason I can't recall your name) your daughter does really nice work, and for 16...wow.

Thanks for the comments guys..I will put a few more pictures up.

I have always loved woodworking but just the last few years gotten the time and tools to really pursue it.

Woodworking sites can be great teachers and motivators.

urn3.jpg

a cremation urn I did a few weeks ago. The name , dates and a maple leaf were laser engraved on it later

I won three Local Skill comps here in Burlington in wood working went to the worlds in 2006 came in 2nd. I have always had a passion for wood working! After High school I just went into carpentry and never went back. Sold all my projects I made in school. :P Funny everyone in class amde 3 projects each term while i doubled that. :D Yes I was one of those kids who left class just to goto shop class and work. hehe

Edited by Mattones

The book keeper at work wanted a table for his home office. I had done one with a lower shelf. he said he wanted another shelf so he could put family pictures on it. I thought a second shelf would look like a book case rather than a table, so i chopped the shelf so he could arrange different size pictures on it. Maple painted black and Jatoba (aka brazillian cherry by yhe marketers) with tung oil varnish.

m1.jpg

and a couple of tiger maple and jatoba tables.

curly2-2.jpg

thats it for now..thanks again guys..yes, most are my own designs...not the clock though..that came from a book

I won three Local Skill comps here in Burlington in wood working went to the worlds in 2006 came in 2nd. I have always had a passion for wood working! After High school I just went into carpentry and never went back. Sold all my projects I made in school. :P Funny everyone in class amde 3 projects each term while i doubled that. :D Yes I was one of those kids who left class just to goto shop class and work. hehe

I'm impressed...there is nothing here to enter.

Hopefully you get back into it someday