Habs lose again

scuro2

After watching the game I tuned in to see the end of the Blackhawks vs Bluejackets game. It was like going from a junior "B" game to an NHL game. The pace was faster the passing was accurate and there weren't offsides and pucks going out of play every 30 seconds.

Wow...amazing how one of those "junior B" teams can thoroughly thrash one of those "real NHL" teams...

OLE!!!

It's easy to dislike the Scabs when their "fans" start chanting that Bull with 13mins left in the game on Saturday to a team such as Washington no-less. It was awesome to see Washington come back on them and then see the fans turn on the team. They haven't won a game since and the "fans" walked out on them against the Leafs with 8mins left!

Hmph!?!?!?! :o

A surprising post from you Chris. From long-winded global warming threads to a short anti-Habs post. :lol: You're changing with the seasons I guess. :P

If the Leafs fans ever showed an ounce of the "honest passion" Habs fans have for their team, then maybe they wouldn't have been a franchise of "Hab Nots" throughout history. Booo your own team... so what??? Praising failure doesn't shape improvement, just look at the Leafs.

Greatest sports Dynasty in the history of sport. The Habs ain't just about Scientific guessing... they're proven fact.

On a side note... where's Stoty??? I can never find the guy in any fishing threads but he loves the hockey ones.

Hmph!?!?!?! :o

A surprising post from you Chris. From long-winded global warming threads to a short anti-Habs post. :lol: You're changing with the seasons I guess. :P

If the Leafs fans ever showed an ounce of the "honest passion" Habs fans have for their team, then maybe they wouldn't have been a franchise of "Hab Nots" throughout history. Booo your own team... so what??? Praising failure doesn't shape improvement, just look at the Leafs.

Greatest sports Dynasty in the history of sport. The Habs ain't just about Scientific guessing... they're proven fact.

I post about important things, about major changes in the world. Global warming is changing the world. There appears to be another rift in the time space continuum, the Habs are looking to take over the role of Canada's WORST team. They lost again last night, zero wins in their last 4 games, and they are playing Boston next!!! Bwhahahaa! :thumbsup_anim:

Toronto fans are just more refined. Anyone who grew up in Leafs country knows there's no shortage of passion, it's just the stable kind. We'll know they've achieved Habs fan kind of superiority when they start rioting in the streets.

Here's a little history that's fun to read - if yer a leafs fan.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Toronto-Maples-Leafs-Part-2

JF

Alright! The Habs are getting bashed as much as the Leafs! They really ARE Canada's team!!!

It's not easy for a hockey team to attract this much love. The Leafs are gonna get jealous and bench Kessel, Blake, Stajan, Hagman, McDonald, etc. That should be nuf with Mitchell & Gunnarsson hors de combat. They'll get the horns back from Montreal fer sure, maybe.

JF

Just checking the facts.

In the division the Leafs are 5th out of 5 teams.

In the conference they are 14th out of 15 teams.

In the league they are 29th out of 30 teams.

I can see how all their fans would be excited. Thank Maurice and his Hurricanes. Start planning the parade route.

Just checking the facts.

In the division the Leafs are 5th out of 5 teams.

In the conference they are 14th out of 15 teams.

In the league they are 29th out of 30 teams.

I can see how all their fans would be excited. Thank Maurice and his Hurricanes. Start planning the parade route.

And the Leafs look like they should be a lot better statistically, don't they? A few breaks in shootouts and one or two less career games by goaltenders and they'd look heaps better.

And I'm sure knowing they're the greatest team in the history of the game (or whatever that poll was) the Habbies will grind out some more wins somewhere down the road and respond to the blind faith their fans have in them. Sorry, it's the Leaf fans with the blind faith. Habs fans are the rational ones who just know their team's the best, and they'll tear down their own town if anyone proves them wrong. :P

JF

Every team has a HOT stretch once in the season, the Leafs are just finishing up theirs now.

And a heads up for those that don't know, there's a special Friday night edition of "Hockey Night in Canada" tonight to celebrate the Habs 100th year in the league. Boston vs Montreal at 7pm. It'll be nice to watch a game on CBC, that doesn't involve the Leafs, for a change.

Edited by jediangler

two elders are coming out now....the oldest...Emile Butch Bouchard and Elmer Lach from Saskatchewan

Man, if the young guys don't skate their asses off tonight, there's nothing'll ever get them going. Nice ceremony.

JF

I'm not a Habs fan but that ceremony was done with more class and dignity than I think any other franchise could pull off. Even getting Gordie Howe to help the old guys out onto the ice without falling down. He should have put on the Richard jersey and snuck into the photo.

Ken Dryden's comment in the interview with Roy et Lafluer was interesting - about laying off dwelling on past successes and letting the new players find their own identity. He says it puts unfair pressure on today's team.

JF

Well it was a class act all the way. What a dynasty!! 15 stanley cups in 23 yrs, more players in the hall of fame than any other team, 24 cups in 100 yrs and the habs dressing room recreated in the HHOF, in TO to boot. yeah they suck right now and are playing like plugs from Junior C but they played with emotion and passion last night. The Montreal Canadians are the greatest hockey team in the last 100 yrs, all true hockey fans will acknowledge it. Whoever argues this point is a hockey fan that does not understand the game of hockey. I totally agreed with Ken Drydens comment about the pressure on this young team. Let them find their own way, they will surprise a lot of folks. Carey Price was crazy in nets last night!! He had a talk with both Roy and Dryden. Called them Mr.Roy and Mr.Dryden, too funny.

GO HABS GO FOR ANOTHE 100 YRS!!!