Upper Niagara G2G

Rizzo

Not sure if this has been posted yet as I haven't been around much lately, but usually a group of us get together for the musky closer in mid december. I don't know what the closing date is this year, but do we have any interested parties? Last year we even got a few fish (compared to the previous 5 years!). Hopefully we can get a feel here for who might be interested, and who might have a spot in their boat. By the way, if Wayne is coming and has room, you definitely want to get in his ride, pretty sure there is a barbecue and jacuzzi tub on board.

sorry to hear that Lew. If you change your mind close to that date maybe you can hop in with someone else! I've got accustomed over the years to seeing you and Pete troll past and give the "thumbs down"...we've had some nasty conditions and poor results over the years haven't we! I've been to the Niagara 4 times this fall and it has only coughed up one fish for me

saturday the 12th of december is closer.

Hey Pete, if you were any kind of pal you'd ferget about the Niagara trip this year, grab your paint brush, and come spend that weekend with me. Lotsa painting for everybody :lol:

med_gallery_130_97_5780.jpg

here's the one I got last year at the g2g. Didn't like the hold I had on the fish, set him back in the water to get a better hold (and let it catch its breath) and the thing took off like a shot...no chance for less awkward pose! Got to love the cold water catch/release. If I remember correctly, water temps last year were around 38 degrees, and we used Wayne's barge as an icebreaker at the boat launch. I plan to be there Saturday December 12. Anyone else in for that day?

You musky guys kill me :lol: .Slip yer boat in the water and troll allllllllll day for a bigggggggggg,n.

Here I walk and sit,and walk and sit, look,n for a big ol buck.

We aint that all different are we? :dunno:

Lew dont for get,,wax on,wax off ,up, down,no, side to side :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

just a bit of an update. I was on the upper this past saturday. Water wasn't quite chocolate milk, but wasn't great either. Visibility was around 18 inches when we started, and about 2 feet by the end of the day. I'm going to keep an eye on the winds for Wed, Thurs, Fri before making my final decision about making the drive from Barrie. Right now its not looking too good unfortunately.