Tackle Booty/Tackle Industries

Weeds

Well, I may have completely lost my mind as I sold off a pair of St. Croix musky rods which have been nothing but good to me and ordered something from a manufacturer that I really know nothing about. I sold the St. Croixs because I wanted a rod that could comfortably work/cast any lure, no matter how rediculously oversized it might be. In a moment of utter insanity I ordered over the net a Tackle Industries 8 foot Mega heavy rod for baits between 8 and 36 ounces. The only other time I've ever ordered anything over the internet/ebay it was for some tacklebooty Magnum Super D's (basically a BullDawg knock off) but I was impressed with their quality. Anyone have any experience with these rods, or any of the other xxxh rods out there? In retrospect I'm thinking they may be more of a Gimmick type of thing than very useful but I guess we'll see. I'm hoping to get the rod this week.

Never heard of Tackle Industries or their rods before, nor have I ever found the need for a triple XXX rod, but hopefully it'll work for you.

Not sure why you sold off your other rods though, cause now what are you gonna use for your smaller baits ?? Only my opinion, but I think you'll find that new pole will be far too heavy & stiff for anything but the heaviest lures. Sort of like your proverbial 8' pool cue with very little flex.

Good luck with it though.

It's kind of funny Lew but I actually found that I prefered my Cheap 7'6 Spence Petros Reaction Strike Rod in a medium action to the 7'6 MH St. Croix for throwing smaller bucktails and cranks up to an ounce and a half, maybe even 2. Anything 4 ounces and over felt too heavy for the 7'6 St. Croix and the 6'9, although good for Jerbaits, was never really a joy to cast anything with, just to short. Definately a roll of the dice going with an unknown/unproven manufacturer but what the heck.

they're a new name on the market and are US made. i dont have personal experience with them but the guys on muskies first seem to like them.

the 8oz-36oz rod will be good for throwing the mag bulldawgs and obscenely large double 13s blade baits. you are going to want something lighter for run of the mill blades, like the 8'6" 4-10 oz st. croix or okuma's xh 8'6

Edited by Raf

• 2 months later...

I have two of those Tackle Ind rods. An XH and an XXH. They are a dream to use. Perfectly weighted, use Fuji components and just a real nice rod overall. The owner was doing a special on them for $100 delivered for a while over the winter. Might try his email at [email protected] Got both of mine for $200. They are nicer than my $190 Bulldawg rods.