Car Wreck - anyone have any dealings with CarStar?

wask

My wife had a fender bender last night and needs some body work. Sadly we have to go through insurance for one reason or another.

The two truck guy suggested Car Star in Port Perry.

They seem to be a chain, but I know nothing about them?

Anyone have any experience with them?

Anyone you would suggest in Port Perry or even Durham? I can always tow it back to Ptbo I guess, but I don't have much good experience with any body shop around here.

Thanks!

Wask

If its being done on insurance, go with Carstar. They are one of the best. They do charge a beating but their work is comparable to the way it comes from the factory. Butcher shops will do a half decent job and charge your insurance just as much as carstar because its an insurance job. I used them in the past and highly recommend them, and thats coming from someone who is particular as hell. The location I used was on Arvin Ave in stoney creek, and no I am not associated with them. You wont be disappointed.

Your insurance company should have a preferred shop close to you. Mine was CarStar and they did a fantastic job on my truck. I was a bit wary of some of the plastic parts the insurance company made them paint instead of replace but everything came out really good. CarStar also has a lifetime nation-wide warranty.

My wife had an accident recently as well and the insurance company told us to take to Carstar (on Rymal Road in Hamilton). They did a fantastic job and worked hard (as we asked them to do) to ensure that the car was not written off.

They really were terrific and the communication was professional and top notch.

Jim

I just recently had Carstar repair my truck... got into an accident... anyways they were awesome! my truck is better then it was new... hell they even fixed dents that were not caused in the accident on my tailgate. Add to that I did not have rental coverage on my policy (did not know my ex removed it) they took care of the rental for me.

I cannot say enough good things about carstar here in Hamilton.

G

Do you have a dealer nearby that has an autobody shop? That is an option. I have had my cars repaired by both a GM and a Ford dealership and they were good.

And it is irrelevant that a shop is on the insurance companies "preferred" list, you have the right to take it where ever you want, it is their option to send an adjuster to the shop to look at it. The shop will handle it from there....

Burt :)