Three deer hits in one night!

bigfish1965

I drove to Fort Erie and on the QEW a deer..smaller buck... jumped in front of me, I missed him but the Durango in the left lane did not. The deer was hit hard and came to rest about 10 feet from ANOTHER dead deer...medium sized doe.

On the way back, I saw a car stopped on Sodom Rd and in front of it lay dead a massive 8 point buck. Big and full animal. The Honda actually faired well considering the size of the buck.

The deer are moving and moving quick..be careful. Don't veer off the road,,,it is isafer to brake straight and hope for the best than to veer off and risk hitting a tree or another car.

I guess I'll be putting some miles on around Fort Erie. What I thought would be a Nov-Dec bow hunt has been pulled as the property I was working on getting access too has never called me back. I'll take this as a no!. Actually thought I might get out in the stand a few times this year. Worst luck for me. Over the last few years every place I've bow hunted has now gone off limits.

I will check with a few farmers I know down there Fang. Not sure where the rural/urban boundary is though. But the ones I have met are not too fond of the deer in the area and likely to give permission in exchange for some venison.

I think the Ontario Record Buck is from Fort Erie so there are bigguns there.

I drove to Fort Erie and on the QEW a deer..smaller buck... jumped in front of me, I missed him but the Durango in the left lane did not. The deer was hit hard and came to rest about 10 feet from ANOTHER dead deer...medium sized doe.

On the way back, I saw a car stopped on Sodom Rd and in front of it lay dead a massive 8 point buck. Big and full animal. The Honda actually faired well considering the size of the buck.

The deer are moving and moving quick..be careful. Don't veer off the road,,,it is isafer to brake straight and hope for the best than to veer off and risk hitting a tree or another car.

Not only is it safer, it's cheaper!!!

I hit a 12 pointer back in the 90's and the insurance adjuster asked me if I hit anything else (which I hadn't).

I asked him why he wanted to know and he told me that if I hit anything other than the deer it is considered an at fault single vehicle accident. :w00t: I was lucky considering the deer did almost $8,000 worth of damage to my truck.

What this means is instead of not having to pay the deductable and not having your insurance rates go up, you get to pay the deductable and get to pay higher premiums!!!! :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

So keep it in a straight line and jam the brake pedal to the floor.

..As long as she's all right, that's what counts, a wrinkle in the sheetmetal is like a pimple on your ass,

Agreed. Only damage is a wrinkled front grill and slightly dented hood plus now the front signals don't work. Headlights & rear signals work but not the front ones. :dunno: Maybe knocked a connection loose? Usually a bad bulb will shutdown a side not front or back on most cars.

It's an old beater with more than a few dents so another few mean nothing. Although it's not true it looks like she drives by the touch method. ;)

Looks like my job for tomorrow is to check out the signals.