Quinte Walleye Oct 31st

hodgey

We hit the water again today. With the bad winds forecasted on Saturday we opted for the calmer of the two days, Sunday. Boy was that the right choice.... the Walleye were on "FIRE".

Water temps east of the ferry were 52F and West of the Ferry were 48F. Winds started West @ 20Km, with it diminishing West @ 10Km by 3:00pm.

Our day started @ 7:00am East of the ferry....the fire works started within ten minutes and lasted until 1:00pm (We wanted to get a few hours of jigging in.)

We lost count @ 15 Walleye with multiple double headers and a tripled header....even a walleye hit while the line was in my hand...the board wasn't even out yet. We easily landed over 20 Walleye with 6 over 10lbs, the biggest being a 12lber. All fish came on an assortment of Reef Runners, down approx 45'.

We did jig for a few hours and got a handful of eaters, a really good 3lb smallie and a Channel Cat.

All in all a pretty good day.

Cheers, G2Angling...

img8815640x480.jpg

img8804640x480.jpg

I limit my fishing to 30 feet or less when fishing the reach and out to the lake so that they are releasable.

You rarely get any "keeper" eyes as the average size is 8ls plus.

Manns plus 20 on 14 lb firleine gets you down in the range off of the boards.

I may catch less fish but I can release them.

All but 1 of those Walleye were released. The fight off the boards is typically slow enough that they're ok. We typically try to stay away from the kill zone...but it's hard. For me, anything down lower than 40' starts to become an issue.

Cheers, Hodgey...