*Deer*

fishfarmer2

Here in NYS gun season in the southern tire doesn't start until Nov 21st........but duck season starts Oct 24th and pheasant starts Oct 17th....

Last Saturday we all met up at deer camp and cut some of the fields plus trimmed around our tree stands. I decided this year I am getting a bit old to climb into my tree stand and so I built a ladder out of 2 - 2X4X12'. Now it's a bit heavy.....so I will be struggling to get it there (any volunteers to help..:<)

The best thing about opening day in deer camp is we get to see all those who we haven't seen since last year.....my son and nephew come in from out of town and it don't get no better than that.

Over the last two years we did lose two older comrades and they will be dearly missed.

Bob

Here in NYS gun season in the southern tire doesn't start until Nov 21st........but duck season starts Oct 24th and pheasant starts Oct 17th....

The best thing about opening day in deer camp is we get to see all those who we haven't seen since last year.....my son and nephew come in from out of town and it don't get no better than that.

Bob

Bob, thats the whole thing about this sport.

Friends,some drinks, and hopfully some meat to share.

[quote name=

Good luck out there killers!

You mean "HARVESTERS" :canadian:

Thank you.Nice Davey Crockett hat BTW.LOL

Im waiting for the land owner to take down the corn here, before I start blasting the birds.Right now,Im waiting for a nice brown fur friend to walk by.

Edited by misfish

Went out today saw a doe but not the area i have a doe tag for.

Out from 7:00am-6:30pm :D

When i got back to my truck someone tried to break into the tuck buck but since my tannou cover locks when my tail gate is they only open one side and gae up as they still couldnt get their hands in.

Pisses me off peopl try this.

best of luck my hunting brothers.Just made some venison stew some of the last bit left from last year.

Joe

I miss venison stew Joe.

Been a couple years now. :wallbash::wallbash:

It,s all about to change.

TY

U can't hunt Good luck out there...u will need it

I,ll be sure to have pic,s of the gutting,just for you. :devil:

Iam 90% packed iam leaving tommorow right after work from oct 2nd to 13th heading up north of sudbury from guelph

Buster, GL bud.

Edited by misfish

Just got back in from the woods. Our bow season in Indiana just started today. I saw three button bucks and one small eight pointer. Not sure what you guys are allowed in Ontario but in Indiana we can only harvest one buck. However in my county you can take about 11 does between bow, shotgun and muzzleloader. Can't wait to get back out there this weekend.

we started this past weekend, however due too my wifes pending divorce resolution, i decided it would be better(cheaper) to go to the mother in laws birthday party instead of going hunting, i havent had a chance since then, been trying to get a little farm work done, but hope to get out this weekend

Was out fishing yesterday and found my self wading through the river...came up to a farmers field and saw 6 deer out there feeding on the grass...was beautiful to see, wish I had my camera....

what you never killed something??

man your post make me laugh!!!! yours specifically!!

and like others have stated, it's called selective harvesting!!!

Was out fishing yesterday and found my self wading through the river...came up to a farmers field and saw 6 deer out there feeding on the grass...was beautiful to see, wish I had my camera....

Better harvesting than getting killed on the HWY and going to the dump. Plus saves our lives and crashes on our HWY's :stretcher:

What about fish catch and keep, very tasty, same with Deer.

Good luck out their boy's and gal's, BE SAFE

The other Fish Farmer

seen a doe and a fawn tonight . Had the doe at about 30 yards but im waiting on big poppa !

Remember that young,n I got a pic of at the field stand,well she made a visit this morning 7:32 to be percise.Just as close as the pic.I had to pass aswell. Cant believe I passed up.Only day two of many.Lots of time.

At 9am headed to the climber for a couple hours.Nada.

Lets hope the rain holds for abit saturday am.

Good luck to you aswell,the other Fishfarmer. :lol:

I have deer questions, but didn't want to start a new NF post to ask it.

I figured i'd add it here.

Here's my Q:

Do deer eat soya beans before the beens have been cut? Or do they wait to munch on that stuff untill after it's be cut down??

I have three properties that I hunt in Simcoe for deer, and they all have Soya beans in them. 2 of the properties have a fraction of the sign they had last year when corn was planted. I'm wondering if the deer sign will pick up after the Soya bean harvest??

Sunday will be my first day in the stand. AM and PM -- A marathon of sorts.

Thanks gents.

Yes they do.The land owner where I hunt, has seen them grazing out there.Problem is,theres no place for a stand there.Well I could put a tripod stand,I already got to many ares to cover already.LOL

GL.

Edited by misfish