Temagami - September 2009

irishfield

Well we got back to the lake, after dealing with my Mother's passing, on the 4th of September.

Lloyd knew I needed a "pick me up" after attending Mom's funeral and told his boss he was taking the week off. Showing up in Temagami on Sunday the 6th and staying for a full week! The only problem with that Lloyd fella... you need another holiday after he leaves!!! Up at 5:30 and fish 'till dark... Thankfully I told him to bring his own darn boat so if I didn't feel like getting up he could head out on his own, which he did more than once!

sept20091.jpg

We started out the first day downrigging in my boat... with some success.

sept20092.jpg

Then Lloyd wanted to show me how to fish and use his boat... I think we should have stuck to downrigging! LOL

sept20093.jpg

Leah was out with us a few times to share in the laughs... cleaner jokes.. but still some good laughs!

sept20094.jpg

Found out just how big the Lake Herring get..

sept20095.jpg

'tis what it looks like at "Lloyd o'clock" !

sept20096.jpg

Lloyd with the big thumbs up after I had him down safe and sound on Eagle Lake.

sept20097.jpg

sept20098.jpg

We paddled around for about 3 hours taking in the gorgeous scenery... . but never saw a minnow.

sept20099.jpg

sept2009a.jpg

So we loaded up the canoe and blasted out of there and headed west. "Hey.. that looks like a neat lake"... Okay !

Landed and anchored.. and unloaded the canoe..

sept2009b.jpg

It's lunch time.

sept2009c.jpg

sept2009d.jpg

sept2009e.jpg

Now lets go fishing! We couldn't keep these hammer handles off... numerous double headers hoping we'd find Gramma sooner or later.

sept2009f.jpg

sept2009h.jpg

Then we found the footballs..

sept2009g.jpg

But our cramped up legs needed a stretch so we went walk about for a bit. Now Lloyd's desktop picture!

sept2009i.jpg

And a couple more footballs.

sept2009j.jpg

sept2009k.jpg

After all the flying, 10 hours of being in the sun and paddling... Lloyd was a tad sore. We can fix that...

sept2009l.jpg

And he was out for the night ! lol

sept2009m.jpg

Next day Lloyd wanted to do Kokoko Lake. Took us 2 hours to get there on sleds in the winter..... dock to Kokoko.. 9 minutes! :D

Supper! We named him Charlie and held a hook in front of his nose so he would pull when we wanted to move !! :jerry:

sept2009n.jpg

Shore lunch courtesy of Subway! Mercer would be proud! lol

sept2009o.jpg

Ended up with 3 pike between us and filleted them up before heading home.

sept2009p.jpg

After hours of paddling around Kokoko... the ride home was still where we left it.

sept2009q.jpg

Next day we decided to motor up the lake by boat and walk into Brown's lake, that is stocked with Specks. What a beautiful place... but the fish didn't cooperate.

sept2009r.jpg

sept2009s.jpg

Stopped on the way back to jig for lakers... Lloyd MISSED 4.. I did much better and missed none ! lol

sept2009t.jpg

Captain Lloyd heading for home.

sept2009u.jpg

and a ragging inferno on Bear Island that had many locals racing home in their boats. Never did find out what was burning.

sept2009v.jpg

That's a wrap on Temagami for 2009 ! It's Musky time now on Georgian Bay... :thumbsup_anim:

FISHING IS A GREAT PAST TIME AND FOR ME ALSO A JOB BUT HAVING GREAT FRIENDS IS WORTH MORE THEN ANY FISH NO MATTER HOW BIG!!! IF IT WAS NOT FOR OFC I WOULD HAVE NEVER MET WAYNE AND STARTED A GREAT FRIENDSHIP.

NOW AS FOR LLOYD OCLOCK LOL TELL ME THATS NOT A GREAT WAY TO START A DAY , SEEING THE SUN RISE. MAKES YOU FEEL ALIVE!!!

Edited by fishhunter

Wayne,

I read all of you stories before replying now. We don't know each other, other than through a few past PM's, but I wanted to say I am very sorry to read about the passing of both your sister and your Mother. It truly was the summer from hell.

On a lighter note, I had a quite a few laughs as well when reading the posts. Here are some of the funnies:

Sanding dust on face

Arriving home to a Fisher petting farm!

Your Daughter eating a monster Rocky

Lifejacket hat

Second arrival home to a turkey petting farm!

Other stuff:

Pop down canoe off of plane

Taking your Mom fishing which turned out to be the last time

Being able to take a train from the big smoke to your summer escape

Celebrating your Mom's life by taking your Daughter fishing before packing up to go home for the funeral

Moosebunk being the first reply to part one with "Doood!! You get only the coolest guests visit." HA what a riot!

Despite all the gloom and sadness that comes our way, in life, there is always a better tomorrow ahead. As long as you believe that all is good.

Glad to see that all is getting better, and that you and your family are doing fine.

Thanks for the series of reports and the positive ending.

Man, do I ever love Kokoko Lake...been on it a couple times, and just want to keep going back...

Great report x3 Wayne...thanks for sharing the good and bad with us....prolly coulda done without the Lloyd though :unsure: (Sorry Lloyd...Terry made me do it! :D )

Wayne, you're my hero. Despite your ups and downs it seems you and your family made the most of the summer. This is the first end of season irishfield report I've been exposed to, and it's definitely a good one.

You had to rub the 9 minutes to Kokoko part in though didn't ya...? :D

SO jealous.

Johnnyb and I were making a must-fish ice-list the other day...Temagami came up...if you're around, we should try that meet up again. Just no Siderock - miserable uncooperative brookies...:D

Don't worry too much about those pics Terry... they probably would have made a sign about my fishing abilities, or lack there of, if they between the two of them, they could figure out how to spell "Joe"! :P And if you look closely at the background of those shots, you can see all the first few attempts at spelling Terry, lying on the ice!

HH

Edited by Headhunter