Bass Fishing and a Sunfire Adventure - Sept 12-09

Leecher

Today was such a beautiful day that Paul and I decided to hit one of our local lakes for Bass. The plan was to spend the afternoon on the water and get back out at sundown... Did not get a temperature reading before we left but the wind was pretty calm coming from the West.

Got to the launch and noticed Fishing 24/7 aka Kevin's truck was already there. Got the boat launched and proceeded to the hump in the middle of the lake and did not get much out of this attempt, a few little ones on spinnerbait and bigO. We then proceeded to work the shore line with Gulp and got rewarded with this decent one

IMGP2059.jpg

We kept working at it without much showing for our efforts but the bite was real tough compared to the last time we were out on this lake :blink: the water was low with the weeds decaying making the water tainted with lots of debris on top.

We tried working around the many islands and at this point switched to a yellow red eye spinnerbait.... got a few little ones but that was it. We then hit one of the bays and switched to Gulp again and got into a frenzy for a short time. Managed to land a 16 1/2" one.... here's the pic

IMGP2061.jpg

and another shot

IMGP2062.jpg

Paul also got a decent one

IMGP2063.jpg

On our way to another bay, a family of loons (7 of them) were out on the hunt.... got a pic of them

IMGP2064.jpg

After that we switched to top water lures, jitterbug and buzzbait and tried until sundown but the bass were no where to be found.

Back at the launch is where the adventure began.... We saw Kevin leave with his truck and proceeded ourselves to the launch.... I don't want to get into details cause I don't know if Paul wants to talk about it but the frame of the car got stuck on a rock and took us 2.5 hours to get the car and boat out of the water :angry:

Hope you enjoy

Leechman

Great report, pics, and fish as alway Jacques!!! :Gonefishing::canadian::thumbsup_anim:

It's not always easy to catch those doggone green trout eh?! ;) ... I wonder what Kevin got?

Tell Paul that Rednecks tow their boats with pickup trucks for a reason! :w00t: ... and you can tell us the rest of the story, I don't think Paul will mind! :jerry::jerry:

Thanks for taking the time to post your adventure!!!

Well GCD.

if your going to ask....

today was stephanies day out.

she chooses what we do all day.

she manedged to get some nice numbers.

to start with she caught her first bass on the flip.

IMG_1200.jpg

Then there was a bass i missed earlier just when we arived .

i pitched a log and a seriouse bass fallowed the lure right to the boat but i guess we were to close.

i marked the spot and we fished 4-5 houres.

then we came back.

Put this in your brain. when you see a big one come back he will still be right there.

this happened a couple of times.

with out a dought. she flips the same log.( a pefect cast might i add)

and BOOM. he takes the lure! :lol:

IMG_1228.jpg

IMG_1229.jpg

4.2 large mouth bass. (not her personnal best) but didnt want to miss it.

I lipped the bass right out of the water. she was saying .

manque les pas .manque les pas .manque les pas .manque les pas .manque les pas .manque les pas .manque les pas .manque les pas .manque les pas . :D:D

it was a hard day out on a great lake . but with the nice weather and the odd fish who cares!

Edited by fishing 24/7

I love gulp baits, very effective. Those are some nice bass.

Thanks Dutchy!!! Yes Gulp is one of my favorite baits when all else fails.

Great report, pics, and fish as alway Jacques!!! :Gonefishing::canadian::thumbsup_anim:

It's not always easy to catch those doggone green trout eh?! ;) ... I wonder what Kevin got?

Tell Paul that Rednecks tow their boats with pickup trucks for a reason! :w00t: ... and you can tell us the rest of the story, I don't think Paul will mind! :jerry::jerry:

Thanks for taking the time to post your adventure!!!

Thanks Glen!!! Yeah the bite was real tough yesterday.... we certainly never got into numbers but it was nice to be out on the water. As for towing.... well Paul never had any issues with the car before but there's always a first :wallbash:

A brilliant report as always Jacques!

I am not entirely sure where you live, but it sounds like paradise.

Congratulations!

Jim

Thanks Jim!!! Yeah the Outaouais valley is real beautiful and holds lots of little lakes that are accessible by car.

Nice fish. Does Paul tow with the sunfire?

Thanks Chris!!! Yes he does.

Nice little report man!

Thanks for sharing,

MTBF

Thanks Mike!!!

IMG_1228.jpg

IMG_1229.jpg

Way to go Stepanie :thumbsup_anim: That's a real beauty!!!

Thanks Kev for the added pics!!!

Edited by Leechman

thanks for the report....

how come steph is out-fishing you on "her day".. .all the time? lol

Thanks splashhopper!!! cause she's one great fisherwomen LOL

WTG guys. You still Managed some nice bass in tougher conditions.

Thanks Bruce!!! Yeah the bite was tough but got a couple of em

nice big mouths leechman thats a long time to get a boat out hope the car is ok

Thanks corvette!!! The car is fine even after spending a couple hours in the drink

Great report Jacques!

Looks like some beautiful place/conditions to fish ... I wish I have something like that close to home :D!

Thanks Victor!!! Yes it sure is a beautiful place to spend the afternoon fishing B)

What did the sunfire wiegh? LOL

Good fishing,good friends and a washed sunfire to boot.What more could one ask for.LOL

Great report guys and gals.

Thanks Brian!!! was just an unfortunate mishap

Well GCD.

IMG_1200.jpg

IMG_1228.jpg

IMG_1229.jpg

I lipped the bass right out of the water. she was saying .

manque les pas

My Goodness!!!... Stephie outfished you again!!! (not surprising)... because Stephie is HOTT, and you are not!!! :w00t:

That gal is a "Keeper"!!!... and if you don't stake a claim to her, I will!!! ;)

... btw?... when are you going on another multiple day camping trip with your boyfriends???... Stephi gets lonely yanno!!! ;)

Edited by GCD