Summer on Lake of the Woods

pikeie

Well as most of you know, I spent my summer a little further north then im used to. I had a co-op placement this summer on Lake of the Woods. I was working and guideing out of Wiley Point lodge which is part of the Toem Resorts chain. I dont think there would have been a better way to spend my summer, it was incredable! The fishing was amazing and the views were fantastic. Every day I got up I could not belive I was getting payed to stay up there. Although I didnt get out guideing as much as I had wished, I had my fair share of days on the water. And I loved every minute of it! So i decided to share some pictures with the rest of you. I had a great season for everything but Muskie. Although I got guests into quite a few fish I my self could only manage 3 :huh: . It was very strange because I had so many follows it was starting to get annoying, I think i really have to practise my figure eight over the winter haha.

Anyways here are some pictures I promised.

DSCF3570.jpg

a beauty 20" smallie

DSCF3567.jpg

another nice one

DSCF3497.jpg

a few decent walleye off the dock

DSCF3557.jpg

a 37" northern off the dock

DSCF3562.jpg

my first forty plus northern! 41.5"

DSCF1949.jpg

another nice smallie Tinbanger got while he came up to vist

DSCF1944.jpg

a decent northern Tinbanger got

DSCF1948.jpg

a nice walleye my bro got no measurement but 27-28"

315-1.jpg

a 31.5 inch walleye i guided this summer infact i got this guy 2 of them back to back, twin fish lol

DSCF1932.jpg

me cooking shorelunch

DSCF1928.jpg

DSCF1930.jpg

our shorelunch mix

DSCF1933.jpg

the final product :P

DSCF3500.jpg

the main lodge

DSCF3498.jpg

the boathouse and some of the cabins

DSCF1935.jpg

the docks, this was during the Rapala Pro staff visit hense all th 620vs's haha

DSCF3587.jpg

LOTW sunset...

DSCF1914.jpg

Me and my bro is one of the camp boats. A 17`triumph with 40 horse E-tecs

DSCF3598-Copy.jpg

DSCF3597.jpg

my 42.5 inch muskie my biggest of the year, but i had guests boat plenty of muskies in the high 40`s. dont worry thats my blood and i have the scars to prove it haha

So i had a great time and am definatly thinking of doing it agian!

any questions feel free to ask!

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i think a classmate or two of yours may have been at my place of employment this summer.

sweet report! looks like a great way to spend a summer!

Dang and to think back when I did Co-op I waitsed it at a Ford dealership fixing cars and never went into that job market wish I had been smart enough to do the same as you congrats on such a sweet summer job.

And for all you other your gunns on the OFC site take a lesson from Pikeie and Brandon (he spent a couple summers up north also) dont worry about making all the biggest parties for every summer there is alot of time to party after school is out.

WOW I sound like a old man now that suck's but is true.

Nice report with some GREAT pictures.........the very first picture of you I thought it was a pic of my oldest son. You could pass as brothers.

But anyways, I hope you do well in your schooling and then later trying to make ends meet like the rest of us smucks......

Bob

Great report Matt. Glad you could make it over here to Lac Seul for a day on your way home. Next time I'll repay the favour and take a picture with you and a muskie.

PS - I boated one of the fish we saw at the spot that had 3 of them on it. 43"er...on a Top-Raider... figure 8..lol