What knot do you use?

hoot33

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i like the palomar knot as it is much smaller and less visible than the clinch knot. also i can remember hank parker testing them head to head with mono on his show years ago and the palomar outperformed the clinch knot by a few lbs on breaking strength.

i like the palomar knot as it is much smaller and less visible than the clinch knot. also i can remember hank parker testing them head to head with mono on his show years ago and the palomar outperformed the clinch knot by a few lbs on breaking strength.

Haha - that's awesome. I read an article from Hank Parker in Bassin' like 15+ years ago with the same results... that's why I always use the The Palomar Knot.

Usually Ive been know to tie an improved clinch knot, but I was just surfing google and found the trilene and rapala knots, will give them a try next time Im out, whats your preference??

Check out Grimsbytackle.com website.

Under Tech Tips, is an animation called Knots by Grog.

Every type of knot for every situation.

lol, Now Im completely confused lol.

Im taking hydromorphone for the pain after the surgery, its not doing me any favors lol maybe I should leave the comp alone for a little while lol.

Dylan

p.s. Knot

Yep!

2 strikes ;)

Now I know you did not spell Knot. No?

I really wanted that knot to work on my minnows - but it doesn't. Gotta tie a loop on Raps and AC Shiners etc. They just don't move right locked on tight.

JF

I hear you, John; that said, I use a leader or snap alot of the time if I'm fishing cranks or jerkbaits, because I change baits often until I feel I've figured out what's working, and I hate re-tying. Also, there are always pike where I fish, so the leader is pretty much a must.

I tie direct to the lure for topwater, where it doesn't make any difference to the action.