Back from cottage, 1 week on Manitouwabing

Cudz

Just got back from a cottage on beautiful Lake Manitouwabing near Parry Sound. I stayed at a small resort on one of the many bays. Such a nice lake. Didn't matter how hard the wind blows you can always find calm water (unlike Simcoe).

Anyway, I have 3 small children so we did a bunch of panfish fishing and we caught a bunch but I don't fish as I am too busy taking off fish and putting on worms. Between eating and taking kids for tube rides, I managed to get out fishing 5 times by myself for 2-3 hours at a time. It took me a day to figre out what would work and where the fish were.

I am not much of a walleye guy so I didn't even try for them. I don't really target pike either (got a few by accident), but I do like the bass.

Overall it was a very good week and once I figured out the bass I managed to get about a dozen per outing. Unfortunately I forgot my net at home and it cost me on 3 occasions. I lost a 4+ pound largie at the boat while trying to lip it, another decent largemouth at the boat and another huge smallie. doh! My boat isn't exactly fishing friendly but hey, beggers can't be choosers.

enjoy

Here is the cottage

ps05.jpg

Setting the boat up

ps03.jpg

Boat on dock

ps10.jpg

Little Pike

ps04.jpg

Another little hammer handle off the dock

ps10-1.jpg

Ok now onto the bass

First bass was a smallie (how fitting)

ps01-1.jpg

Nice clean Largemouth

ps02.jpg

Even better Largemout 2.6 pounds

ps03-1.jpg

This picture is dedicated to Simon (Limeyangler) due to the blurr. haha

ps05-1.jpg

Another nice clean smallie

ps06.jpg

Nice Largemout

ps07.jpg

Best Largemouth of the trip

ps08.jpg

Best fish of the trip

21" smallmouth (note how wet I am trying to lip the fish off my ladder on the back of my boat.

ps09.jpg

Edited by Cudz

Looks like a nice place .I can relate to fishing with my kids I also have 3 and on many occasions when there were little I could not fish either taking off worms taking off fish oh and lets not forget the tangles.Nice tube I just bought a double tube the kids loved it.

Nice bass by the way :thumbsup_anim:

Ah ,that would explain why you werent on my spots out here.LOL

Nice fish there dude.

Off this week for some cottage on the water and try some fishing.

Didn't matter how hard the wind blows you can always find calm water (unlike Simcoe).

It was a washing machine out there today.

TFS.

I stayed at a place there bout 25 years ago called Glenwood cottages---kinda looked like that place---Maybe it has new owners?

Lotsa fun

Bushart

Yes, that is Glenwood cottages. New owners for the past 6 years. Renovated several cottages and doing some more this year.

How is it fishing out of a Bowrider? Looking to get a boat/family boat.

It is not ideal but a boat is much better than no boat. I can't complain at all but would love to have a bow mount electric. It is a bit tough to land fish without a net as it is quite deep. That will teach me to forget my net at home when i go to a cottage.