Nipigon Report

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

I have the privilege of working in Nipigon for the next week. At 4, when I'm off the clock, I will try to fish everyday.

Last night, I fished a lower stretch of the Nip. River. It was fairly slow, one steelie and one small 10" brookie.

This evening we went to a walleye lake. After about 20 minutes of fishing we caught our first 'eye. 32 minutes later, all three of us had our limits of small eater 'eyes, with some larger/smaller fish being released in the process. Can't wait to get out for some big brookies...

Good times. Here is our feast...

017-2.jpg

Guest ThisPlaceSucks
Nice haul Luc. I wish I could get out fishing here. I've got the neccessary info yet the presence of polar bears and lack of time prevent it.

You guys in the same area of the river as the last time?

Haven't gone to the honey hole on the river as of yet actually. Just fished some stretches below Alexander and the eyes came from a lake nearby.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

on a semi-related topic, my coworker just took a black bear by bow after only 30 minutes in the tree stand...pics and measurements to follow for those interested!

Dr. Salvelinus,

Where in Nipigon are you staying? I used to live there, haven't been back in over 15 years. I used to fish under the Nipigon bridge all the time as a child.

Thanks for bringing back old memories with your report!

Guest ThisPlaceSucks
We are roughing it on the lake itself :)

I WISH THAT'S WHERE I WAS STAYING! good luck!

Hopefully we'll both have trophy brookies in a few days.

yeah...some lazy american!

Oh hell yeah!!!... everyone knows the lazy Americans kick fish ass on the water!!!... not like some lazy ass canuckian hanging around the boat launch looking for handouts eh!???

Too lazy to take pics during the trip??? = slacktard!!!

The "one pic wonder" reports don't impress me... it's a sign of chronic laziness yanno?!!!

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

caught 15 tonight and just for you, i took no pictures.

do you ever actually fish or do you just do the whole "keyboard commando" thing full time?

hehe

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus