Bass Report

profisher25

Well, I have to say, this day was probably the best I had in 09'... so far. My friend asked me if I wanted to go fishing with him and his dad. Obviously I couldn't resist that offer. Soon after arrival, my friends dad, on his first cast caught the first 17" fish of the night. Shortly after his minute of glory, I get a strike! After several minutes of constant reeling through think weeds, I reel in my PB 18", 3 lbs Largemouth. Couple of hours go by and each of us lose a few fish, my friend gets the big strike! After 5 minutes of reeling in he pulls in his 5 lbs, 21 1/2" fish! It was a great night and probably the best I've ever had!

DSC01320.jpg

DSC01322.jpg

Great fish that you guys caught.

It is important to our/your fishery that those larger fish are released to breed another day.

You are within your right to keep them if you want to, but you should keep the smaller ones for the table. Maybe next time

Looks Great Profisher---really puttin on a clinic

Don't let the unofficial OFC conscience patrol rattle ya bud---I eat some bigger fish also from time to time

Pretty sure thats why mankind tried fishing to begin with

They're probably bugged cause they can't catch em that big---that's what I used to say if I shot a 4 point buck that I was lettin the big ones go to breed----see I can be a conservationist

You get an official attaboy---looked like fun

Bushart

Hey welcome to the board and congrats, your first post is a corker. :huh:

Jim

look at his name, probably some spineless lurker that doesn't have the 'nads to post on his main account. hopefully the mods can pick it up and get him for multiple accounts if this is the case.

Very nice fish btw, Congrats on your PB!!! :thumbsup_anim:

Yes, he released... the smaller catch. The bigger fish has more meat, more mercury and other contamination to feed the whole family. Good choice <_<

And I thought that people from Ottawa were more polite.

Look, overall the three of us caught our quota.My friend however decided to keep his two large ones, after I encouraged him to release the big ones he caught. I did however keep my 18" and a 15". To be perfectly honest with everyone, these are the first largemouth I have caught this year, and the first I have ever kept to eat in 10 years! I totally respect our conservation laws and do what ever I can to protect and preserve this native species! I wasn't originally going to keep the fish I caught, but I figured 'what the heck', I never keep any fish anyway, so no harm done by keeping conservation limit this time. Although, I strongly put into action the release of much larger fish! I hope that my children will one day fish the same species that I have caught in my youth years, and therefore always release every large fish I catch, and will always do so in the future! :)

Edited by Profisher25

Nice fish.

Can you share what kind of structures they were caught at and what was the weapon of choice? If it's a secret it's alright.

Secret?!?!?! A good angler never keeps secrets! :P Umm, I was fishing shallow weedy water with some weedless topwaters. Stop n' go retrieve always works! A good trick that will drive bass crazy is to retrieve any topwater your using and allow your bait to stop and rest on any lilly pads in the area. It teases the bass, and as soon as that bait comes off that lilly pad, get ready to hold on to your rod!!! :lol: