Is This Real?

The world record carp is over 90 lbs and was caught in another lake/pond in France. But it is a load of nonsense to me. They have these large fish in very small bodies of water and they feed them high nutrition baits. Until someone ( a paying customer) catches it on one of those same baits.The carp live on what the pond owners feed them. These are domestic animals and not wild fish as far as I am concerned.

Carp World magazine is full of pictures of 60lb + fish and exactly as HC says all those fish are from private fishing club ponds. They fatten up the fish and even name them. In a Britain club I read about they have a 70lber in a pond and if a memebr catches it they get their name added to the "fish" plaque.

Lots of fishing clubs in europe advertise exact numbers of 40lb, 50lb and plus 50lbers in their ponds

The world record carp is over 90 lbs and was caught in another lake/pond in France. But it is a load of nonsense to me. They have these large fish in very small bodies of water and they feed them high nutrition baits. Until someone ( a paying customer) catches it on one of those same baits.The carp live on what the pond owners feed them. These are domestic animals and not wild fish as far as I am concerned.

I agree completely.

A friend of mine caught a 55lb carp at the Islands in the late 90s, it made it into the Toronto Star.

I've seen Lake O. carp that have to have been bigger.

Carp World magazine is full of pictures of 60lb + fish and exactly as HC says all those fish are from private fishing club ponds. They fatten up the fish and even name them. In a Britain club I read about they have a 70lber in a pond and if a memebr catches it they get their name added to the "fish" plaque.

Lots of fishing clubs in europe advertise exact numbers of 40lb, 50lb and plus 50lbers in their ponds

Interesting stuff, can we do that with bass lol.

I like this world record a lot better.

There should only have been one winner. On the riverbank was Jessica Wanstall, 4ft 10in tall weighing less than six stone (84lb) and something of a tiddler among anglers.

In the river was a monster, a near 9ft catfish that hit the scales at a record 13st 8lb (193lb).

Kids_catfish.jpg

But despite its size and whiskery age, the fish was no match for the skills of 11-year-old Jessica who waged a 20-minute battle to land her prize. She now holds the IGFA 's world record for anglers under 16.

WTG girl.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11...0#ixzz0LRGyQVPF

nice fish for sure but there is bigger swimming around the discharges at petro refinery in clarkson...seriously

There's gotta be a business opportunity there somewhere Peter? The Brit carp fishermen would pay well for the chance to hook into a 50# pounder that hasn't been raised in a pond!