Probably my best day walleye fishing yet

limeyangler

Hi All,

Well, it was always on the cards to happen, just never quite did....lol. That is to say I have been up to Lac seul (about an hours drive from Dryden) 3 or 4 times now, always hoping to really get into the walleye. We've had teasers of the lakes fishing potential, but never really got into the fish in a big way before, until friday last week that is....a fish a cast really, well over 100 fish, the majority being slot size (18-21") and over with the best ones being 24".

We tried 2 different spots, the first spot produced a 24" right off the bat, then nothing but missed hits and jackfish, so we moved to our next spot and never had to leave. Nothing fancy about the fishing, we just anchored up and cast around the boat or fished right over the side with jigs and minnows. I was with my work collegue and a kid we work with. We had promised the kid a trip to lac seul for ages, and he certainly had a blast, only confidentiality issues restrict me from showing the look of joy on his face, it has also limited the pic/video footage of the day, i had some awesome videos of triple headers and giant pike...oh well.

It was a swelteringly hot day, and because of the numbers of slot and over slot fish being caught it took a while to get our legal limit of 12 fish between us, but we stopped fishing at 4pm and got the tube out....really great way to end the day....here's some pics and vids of the day.

NON STOP WALLEYE ( and some nice pike too)

lac2-1.jpg

lac3-1.jpg

lac4.jpg

GREAT WAY TO COOL OFF AND WASH THE PIKE SLIME OFF AT THE END OF THE DAY

ME DOING A 'WIPE OUT'

lac6-1.jpg

Great report, pics and videos Simon :thumbsup_anim:

Man that lake really produces some good quality eyes :w00t:

You got to love it when you can catch them like that B)

Certainly looks like you guys had a blast.... Congratulations :clapping:

and thanks for sharing!

Jacques