Speaking of concerts.......(n/f)

Carp

I was listening to the John Derringer morning show on Q107 (CILQ) FM radio in Toronto,

as I do most mornings Mon-Fri.

He says he rarely leaves the confines of his home, but would make an

exception to attend the Black Sabbath show (Heaven and Hell) at the Air Canada Center.

Says he's a big Ronnie James Dio Fan.

I say out load to myself, "Hey, I'll be there too John." :thumbsup_anim:

Got home tonight and these were waiting for me.

gallery_48_98_11619.jpg

If I find anyone in my seat, they'll be asked nicely and politely to move....once!

Should the individual(s) choose to ignore my reasonable and rightful request, well........see my new signature.

Electric funereal

Fairies Wear Boots

Into the Void

Paranoid

Sweet Leaf....ah the memories.. B)

Not sure if they're doing any material before Ronnie James Dio joined the band. (Ozzy era)

I heard it's mostly Dio era material with a few new songs.

Still going to be a great time.

i hope the sound at the ACC is better than it usually is...i really hate that venue for concerts, I've seen Aerosmith there twice and Nickelback once...it's just aweful, very echoey, it's not very good! Molson Amphitheatre is much better...but i prefer shows in small venues anyways...never the less i hope it's a good show. Have fun!

This could be trouble.....

-Brian

On February 6, 2007 at the Concert Industry Consortium held in the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza Hotel in California, Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne along with tour producer Live Nation, announced that tickets for Ozzfest 2007 will be free.

"For the past 11 years, music fans have made OZZFEST the most successful and enduring rock music festival in the United States," said Jason Garner, Live Nation President of North American Concerts. "What better way to say 'Thank You' to the music fans who have made this possible than inviting them to attend OZZFEST for free."

Ozzfest fans across the nation will be able to visit the www.ozzfest.com website or www.livenation.com where they will soon find links directing them to special sponsor sites where tickets can be obtained. This ground-breaking news is still being detailed and more information will be provided.

The current city tour line-up launches on July 7, 2007 in Los Angeles and will also include San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Denver, Albuquerque, Phoenix, Dallas, San Antonio, Kansas City, St Louis, Chicago, Indianapolis, Columbus, Pittsburgh, New York, Boston, Philadelphia, Hartford, Charlotte, Atlanta, West Palm Beach, and Nashville. Final tour dates and locations will be posted on www.ozzfest.com

2007 marks the 12th anniversary of Ozzfest. Created in 1996, the annual tour features performances by heavy metal and hard rock groups. 2006 performers included Ozzy Osbourne, System of a Down, Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold, Bleeding Through, and Norma Jean. The performance lineup for 2007 has not yet been released.

Sharone Osbourne said, "we have bands committed, but we're hoping that after today's announcement we'll have a whole influx of artists who want to be a part of something this ground breaking. We know there aren't any major headlining acts that would tour all summer for nothing, but we're confident we can turn some of the genre's biggest bands on to what we're doing and have them come out to play a date or two. If they're in town and want the rush of performing in front of 20,000 frenzied kids, they're more than welcome to join us."

Past Ozzfest media events have included an MTV sponsored heavy-metal inspired American Idol type program entitled "Battle for Ozzfest" where Ozzy and Sharon selected eight bands to compete for a spot in the 2005 Ozzfest, and tour expansions into Europe.

Fans can stay tuned for more information on how to obtain free tickets by visiting the official Ozzfest website at www.ozzfest.com

I saw Black Sabbath at the Aud in Kitchener w/Dio touring for the "Mob Rules" album. They did some "Heaven and Hell" tunes then. What I remember most was that we booed the opener off the stage after 3 songs. Some band called Wrabit, the album was "Wrough & Wready". Brutal, just brutal.

Seen the "Blizzard of Oz" tour w/Randy Rhoades at the Center in the Square in Kitchener. Ozzy was not at his best that night but getting to see RR play guitar was worth the price of admission.

I wish I could have seen the band back in the early years.

Have fun, dust off your black leather jacket, and headbang away.

Wow, didn't realize that Black Sabbath were still around. We saw them with Humble Pie at Beggars Banquet in the Borough of East York Stadium in 1970. It's all kind of a fog now, was then too I believe.

That must make all of these guys well into their 60's. Must be hard to jump around at that age.

"The world is full of Kings and Queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams, it's Heaven and Hell!" Probably my most favorite Black Sabbath album. Neon Knights is a killer tune! Caught the Heaven and Hell tour in Detroit in the early 80's and also saw Ozzy in London, with Randy Rhodes. (Got some fantastic pics of that show as well :angel: )

You will most likely hear "Long Live Rock n Roll" at the show as well and if history is any indication of the future, you'll also get some of the classic Black Sabbath tunes.

Enjoy the show!

HH