Last Of The Updates--It's All Done (NF)

bushart

OK every aspect of this project is now complete.

I have shot it from every angle and tried a few close ups to show work.

It is hung in an art room I have to look at stuff on the wall to study if it's right.

Usually I kid around but here's the skinny......Homer Watson is one of my fav. Canadian Artists but Clarence Gagnon is also there.

I have one Gagnon print I've been hauling around forever and this piece lends itself to that style.

It's been a long road.

This posting may take a bit

Bushart

OK every aspect of this project is now complete.

I have shot it from every angle and tried a few close ups to show work.

It is hung in an art room I have to look at stuff on the wall to study if it's right.

Usually I kid around but here's the skinny......Homer Watson is one of my fav. Canadian Artists but Clarence Gagnon is also there.

I have one Gagnon print I've been hauling around forever and this piece lends itself to that style.

It's been a long road.

This posting may take a bit

Bushart

You've gotta meet my fishing buddy Rob. He loves nature stuff (fish) and he particularly loves miniatures, or at least little bits of miniature detail in a big piece.

And he's a fisherman. You might have seen his work under the name Robert John that he used during his celebrity phase. ;)

John is his middle name. Once the fame and the glory of the movie (El Topo for you cognoscenti) and the big galleries slowed down he went back to reg'lar old name, the one I know him by. I call it his fishing nom de plume.

He's a good guy who thinks rock bass and bluegill is food for the gods, and a helluva painter by all accounts. What do I know? My wife bought a bunch of his stuff. He was appalled cuz she picked it out for the colours to complement her new furniture and decor.

Here's the first page that google found with him on it. Without checking I think that apple shadow box might be in our livingroom.

http://www.martenarts.com/Artists/artist.a...95&workID=0

Here's his own page

http://robertskipper.ca/

He's the guy who says Walmart sells the best rod/reel comboes and grey Rapala minnows and worms are all that a guy needs to feed hisself.

JF

You've gotta meet my fishing buddy Rob. He loves nature stuff (fish) and he particularly loves miniatures, or at least little bits of miniature detail in a big piece.

And he's a fisherman. You might have seen his work under the name Robert John that he used during his celebrity phase. ;)

John is his middle name. Once the fame and the glory of the movie (El Topo for you cognoscenti) and the big galleries slowed down he went back to reg'lar old name, the one I know him by. I call it his fishing nom de plume.

He's a good guy who thinks rock bass and bluegill is food for the gods, and a helluva painter by all accounts. What do I know? My wife bought a bunch of his stuff. He was appalled cuz she picked it out for the colours to complement her new furniture and decor.

Here's the first page that google found with him on it. Without checking I think that apple shadow box might be in our livingroom.

http://www.martenarts.com/Artists/artist.a...95&workID=0

Here's his own page

http://robertskipper.ca/

He's the guy who says Walmart sells the best rod/reel comboes and grey Rapala minnows and worms are all that a guy needs to feed hisself.

JF

OK! that is IT. You sir are getting to be WAY too interesting. If I did not know you already; I would be tempted to invite you fishing. So when we goin???

OK! that is IT. You sir are getting to be WAY too interesting. If I did not know you already; I would be tempted to invite you fishing. So when we goin???

Can you put me on more fish than Garry did? I mean can you position me to catch more fish than Garry did while pretending to drive the boat and counsel us in proper fishing techniques? Or something like that. :P

And I apologize for jumping on the thread. I really only meant to tell Bushart that there were other fishing artists who shared his affection for nice miniatures. I think I owe Bushart a drink, huh?

JF

Can you put me on more fish than Garry did? I mean can you position me to catch more fish than Garry did while pretending to drive the boat and counsel us in proper fishing techniques? Or something like that. :P

And I apologize for jumping on the thread. I really only meant to tell Bushart that there were other fishing artists who shared his affection for nice miniatures. I think I owe Bushart a drink, huh?

JF

A drink yes, better yet, a commision.

I don't know if I can put you on more fish, but I can give you a much more uncomfortable day. :lol: < you coming up next Friday/Saturday?>

Thanks all..

Even though I still have more antler sets laying around my shed..it will be a while before I do that again...

There is a lot of aspects to get it to that point---one being the curvature of the antler dictating how the painting will flow---that rough surface is hard on brushes as well.

Bushart

the deal the MNR will tell you is that the value of the art has to be more than the value of the antlers

Like you can't just paint your antlers blue and sell them.

It's a delicate matter to stay within the laws of the land---otherwise there'd be open season on antlers.

Bushart

Very nice work, Bushart!

It's a delicate matter to stay within the laws of the land---otherwise there'd be open season on antlers.

Like, for example a mount I have of a 20 lb. pike. I had it done years ago, and it doesn't fit anywhere in my (downsized) retirement home. Nobody in my family wants it. So it sits in my attic and I toy with the idea once in a while of selling it to a logde or something like that. Could I get in trouble for doing that?

You really should double check me here but I think you can and say your basically getting back the mounting costs (Taxidermy)

A CO will answer this.-the MNR office is where I went for the antler ok.

They'll direct you.

Bushart