Seasoning Fish For Taste

I throw montreal steak spice in with original fish crisp....tastes awsome.

Cant go wrong with pepper either

Welcome to the board!

Edited by anders

For walleye, shake em in flour,,,a bit of salt.fry em up..now, get this. I know a lot of guys like to dip it in strawberry jam. You know..instead of ketchup

You really gotta try this

Trout or salmon Planked on a bbq with a few sprigs of fresh dill & spritzed with lime juice (I like the taste of lime over lemon).

Other white fish like catfish or lake trout (or bass, pike, pickeral, hell even tilapia), I like baked/roasted with tomato juice.

Stupid easy ghetto tasty fish recipe #7:

Spread fillets on big piece of foil.

Lay from fresh mint on fish.

Lay some sliced onion ontop of that.

Lay some freshly sliced lime/lemon ontop of that.

Pour/smear 1 can of tomato soup ontop of all that, cover everything and really try smoosh it as deep as you can.

Or you can use sauce or even tomato juice, but I prefer the thicker sauce you get using condensed soup.

Fold up foil and bake on a closed bbq for 20-25mins@350ish.

Just a hint of lemon which is alot better than dousing everything with lemon pepper.

15 minutes to prepare everything.

Dave's Texas Trout

Trout or salmon fillet with skin on. Skin side down on the BBQ on medium(about 350*).

score flesh 1/4" deep and about an inch appart (from top to bottom)

Drizzle liquid smoke over fillet. Follow with a light sprinkle of Hickory Smoked Salt, Mesquite Smoked Salt.

Next shake on some Tex Mex Seasoning, Spicy Mesquite Seasoning and Smokey Mesquite Seasoning.

Close lid and cook until flakey (about 20 mins)

I came up with this recipe guiding lakers on Great Bear and it is by far my favorite for them as well as rainbows and salmon. food.giffood.gif

Dave's Texas Trout

Trout or salmon fillet with skin on. Skin side down on the BBQ on medium(about 350*).

score flesh 1/4" deep and about an inch appart (from top to bottom)

Drizzle liquid smoke over fillet. Follow with a light sprinkle of Hickory Smoked Salt, Mesquite Smoked Salt.

Next shake on some Tex Mex Seasoning, Spicy Mesquite Seasoning and Smokey Mesquite Seasoning.

Close lid and cook until flakey (about 20 mins)

I came up with this recipe guiding lakers on Great Bear and it is by far my favorite for them as well as rainbows and salmon. food.giffood.gif

Sounds good, why didn't you cook up one of the salmon for us in AK last fall???? :angry:

I'm kinda ol' school. Fish (fresh fish) should taste like fish. Flour, salt and pepper, a quick bath in hot oil and enjoy.

Me too, but try a little dip in the jam as you eat it.

Just like dipping fries in ketchup.

For mild-tasting fish, salt and pepper, maybe a little lemon pepper. The taste is too easy to mask and then you might as well be eating anything!

For salmon, you gotta try this:

SALMON WITH DILL SAUCE

Double or triple as necessary:

1 tablespoon of non-fat mayonnaise,

1 tablespoon of lemon juice,

1/2 teaspoon of Dijon mustard,

1/3 teaspoon of dried dill weed

Salt and pepper to taste.

Blend together all ingredients well with a wire whisk or a fork

Place salmon fillets on ceramic seashells sprayed with cooking spray. (Alternately - use a tin foil underlay – also sprayed - on a cookie sheet.)

Brush sauce liberally on salmon fillets

Salt and pepper - very lightly

Optionally sprinkle with dry Parmesan cheese and cracker crumbs.

Bake in pre-heated 400 oven for 15 minutes.

I haven't tried it yet with lake trout or other stronger-tasting fish but it should be good with them too.

You guys are creative! Some of this stuff sounds really yum yum.

I am going to print your suggestions out and try them. The grill and bake suggestions really caught my attention. I had a heart attack a few years back and had to lay off of the fried food.

Thanks for the welcome and the input,

Ben

Every once in a while I like to use this recipe...

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

1/2 cup of salsa

1/4 cup of white table wine

1 tbs soy suace

1 tbs worcestshire sauce

2 tbs lemon juice (1 lemon)

Mix all ingredients together then pour over thawed fillets (any white fish...salt or fresh water) in an oven proof dish...bake uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes depending on thickness of fillets...serve with rice and a vegetable

I tried this with black drum fillets down in Florida...I wrapped everything in foil wrap and did them on the BBQ...turned out great...even my step-daughter liked it and she hates fish... :lol:

Lots of recipes available if you use the OFC search engine...Type in "recipes"

Edited by Beans