Orillia Perch Fest Winner

Fish Farmer

Nice machine.

How long does he have to leave the "ORILLIA PERCH FESTIVAL GRAND PRIZE AWARD" lettering on there? Just curious if there's an agreement on that and how they would enforce such a thing.

...sure is a beauty though...

Nice machine.

How long does he have to leave the "ORILLIA PERCH FESTIVAL GRAND PRIZE AWARD" lettering on there? Just curious if there's an agreement on that and how they would enforce such a thing.

...sure is a beauty though...

If I won that boat I would care less, infact I'd be happy to promote them for life.

As for leaving the decals on, they didn't say anything. We were thinking the same thing, but he's going to leave them on for awhile.

How he won the boat, every day you fish you are aloud to enter one perch per day in the live release tank, doesn't matter the size, they check off your entrée ticket for that day and put your name in the drum. After the 3 week derby, they draw from that drum for the grand prize. Every year, about 8 guys in our group fish the Perch derby. They also release about 70 tagged Perch worth $500.00 to $5000.00. One of our guys also caught a $500.00 tag. I would say we had a good year.

Some of our group

83550158.jpg

One of our guys with a winning $500.00 tag Perch

38478750.jpg

34911458.jpg

We put 8 days of steady perch fishing in. A lot of catch and release. It's not easy, we put our time in. But I can tell you we have a lot of fun. Great event for the family and all us kids :D

Yes Terry, from Stelco. 1 guy from Ford, 42 years service. 2 guys forced from stelco after 32 years after it closed. myself 38 years. the others 35 to 40.

Myself and 7 other guys are leaving in the morning to Big Gull L. near Kaladar for a week Walleye fishing. I hope to have some pictures to post a report.